Sunday, September 10, 2023

Quiet Day

 We had a quiet day on Saturday.  We went to the landfill and recycled, there is increased traffic because of the road construction on the main highway.  We worked on the woodcarved Christmas Ornaments...Far Guy did all the carving and I just look them over and give them eyes.  We have 25 ready to paint.   That is a start. We need 100 plus. I hope to paint them all in October.

I figured out the design for the Christmas cards and cut some of the paper I need. 

It was a cooler smoky day...the smoke chased us inside for most of the afternoon.  Naps prevailed.


Far Side


13 comments:

Rita said...

Well, sounds ike you got a lot done before the smoke chased you inside for well-deserved naps. ;)

Sandi said...

Will you post pictures of the cards?

Lynda said...

Sounds like a good day - - - your own schedule - - a bit productive - - and a good rest!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sandi, Yes maybe at Christmas time:)

Maebeme said...

I sure hope fire season is over soon, and the smoke clears. It's been a hard year for so many who've been displaced or lost their homes. And it has made it uncomfortable for those of us dealing with the smoke.

Hope today is restful too.

Sandra said...

This sounds like a perfect day.

Linda Reeder said...

Your cards and ornaments will keep your hands busy for quite a while!

Miss Merry said...

We all need a day of rest once in a while!

Galla Creek said...

Thankful you had a cooler day, but the smoke kept you inside probably.

diane in northern wis said...

When you start talking about your Christmas ornaments, I get a little nervous about how fast the year is going. Your cards and ornaments are always amazing.

Terry and Linda said...

I love your photo!!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Oh, look at your leaves changing color! Sorry about the smoke though.

L. D. said...

I work among my Christmas trees in my workshop often where they are stored. I know that we need new cards this year but I doubt that I make them. Yours are always fun to see with the new designs.