Thursday, April 6, 2023

Storm Day Two

 The wind blew, it snowed and the wind blew some more. 

Here are my shovels. One Toro Power Shovel the best $100 I ever spent and one regular grain shovel that I like for shoveling snow by hand.  It is plastic and light to lift!

My wonderful nephew Josh plowed our drive and yard yesterday and shoveled the walk for me.  So  much appreciated!


I hope the sun comes out and melts the snow on the patio...it was almost clear before this storm. 

Toward supper time we made a quick delivery and the township road had lots of big drifts...Ranger Blue plowed right through the drifts made by the wind coming off of the fields.  The road will be plugged with snow in just a few hours.  The back way around through the woods was okay.

I made one of Far Guy favorite meals for supper...roast pork, potatoes, gravy and baked carrots.  Minnesota comfort food! 

Far Side




17 comments:

DJan said...

So much snow! Grateful for helpful neighbors anywhere they appear. :-)

DJan said...

Wonderful to have such helpful neighbors!

Betsy said...

UGH! Do you ever wonder why you live in Minnesota? Just kidding. I know it has many really good things too, but the snow never seems to end there. June won't melt till October! :-)
Take care and stay safe and warm.
Blessings,
Betsy

Red said...

Spring storms can be very severe. Blocked roads? I remember that when I still lived on the farm.

Maebeme said...

Goodness gracious that's a lot of snow. You didn't mention losing power which is a very good thing. Both Ontario and Quebec have been hit pretty hard.

Sara said...

Oh yes - Minnesota comfort food. Yum!! I was thinking tater tot casserole for supper tonight, another Minnesota comfort food.

I may have to look for one of those power shovels. How clever!!

Sandra said...

We had wind without the snow. Maybe you will see grass by June! Not the snow mountain June. :) I would call that a very good meal, real Minnesota comfort.

Terry and Linda said...

Yummy! My favorite kind of meal

Debi said...

Nice that you have such good neighbors. Hoping this is a spring snowstorm that will melt quickly!

Galla Creek said...

You need comfort food in that weather.

Linda Reeder said...

It's hard for me to imagine such winter weather now in spring time, and yet I do remember when Jill lived in Colorado that is was 80 degrees on Easter Sunday and then the next day it was freezing and snowing.
Your oven meal sounds perfect for a snowy day.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I like the sound of your comfort food! Perfect for a cold snowy day :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Glad you have people nearby to help you deal with all that snow. And, yep, comfort food is just what you need in the middle of a snowstorm. Stay safe and warm.

Granny Marigold said...

Even if you have the power shovel I'm sure it would be beyond its ability to clear the drive so it's great your nephew came to do just that.

Miss Merry said...

Your comfort food dinner is mouth watering! We were supposed to get a terrible thunderstorm with possible tornados. It rained. This is our year for climate change, for sure. It barely snowed, it barely got cold, it barely rained. I am not comfortable with all this.

diane in northern wis said...

Sorry about all your new snow....your supper sounds delish though! Hope far guy is feeling better! Take good care.

L. D. said...

I can't believe you are getting more snow. We have had a lot of cold but the moisture isn't good enough to make it snow. It is nice the nephew can cover for his dad.