Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Hawaii: Day Eleven

Our last day in Hawaii began with a breakfast of various meat, eggs and fruit...oh and a bit of Passionfruit Jam!   The lanai was a perfect place to eat.

Goodbye Ocean View Condo

We headed out to visit some different beaches.  Our flight did not leave until 9:30 in the evening so we had all day. 

Kukio Beach

We watched turtles in the water and sunning themselves on the rocks. 

We headed out to The Lava Lava Beach Club for a late lunch.


We played Giant Jenga whist we waited...well Andy, Logan and I played.  I lost, I had my board removed but as I was placing it on top the whole thing toppled.


The table next to ours was vacated and the birds moved in...birds must eat too!

Me, Jen and Far Guy (Photo by Andy)

Jen loves Hawaii, the sun and the warm weather. 

We headed to the old Kona Airport Beach to watch the sunset before we headed to the airport.  Just as we got there a whale was sighted just off shore...we watched and watched but we didn't see it again. 
Andy, Adam and Jen
Goodbye Ocean, Goodbye Sun, Goodbye Hawaii
Off to the airport to get checked in with just one tiny glitch that was quickly corrected.  I think Far Guy had visions of another paperwork/oxygen nightmare.  

We got to Los Angeles in the middle of the night and then from there to Minneapolis in the afternoon and home in the evening of day number twelve ( or day number 15 if you count blizzard days in Fargo in the motel.) 

The change in weather was drastic.. but it was good to be home safe and mostly sound...Far Guy had a bad cold that he is still recovering from. 

We cannot thank our daughter, son in law, grandson and grandson's friend enough for putting up with us old folks.  It was a wonderful multi generational vacation!

It was a trip we had always planned to do after we completed our pet responsibilities.
Far Side  




26 comments:

DJan said...

What a wonderful trip! And you arrived home just in time for another blizzard, right? I love those sunset pictures at the end. I m on my last full day of Florida sunshine, too. :-)

linda m said...

I am so happy you had the opportunity to visit Hawaii and have such a wonderful time. Sure hope Far Guy feels better soon.

Val Ewing said...

Dad and I went to that Beach just about every night to watch the sunset when we were there. He liked to sit by the pier too and we'd watch the Luao being performed.
I'm so happy that you all got to have such a great adventure with everyone.
I'd like to share this with my grand daughter one day too..

thecrazysheeplady said...

I am so glad you had such an enjoyable trip :-).

Leah said...

What a beautiful place - I am so happy that you went!

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories you have made! We were watching a television show last night with palm trees and the ocean and Dennis said to me, “you can almost smell Hawaii can’t you?” He absolutely loves Hawaii and the warmth and the sand and the beaches with the beautiful sunsets. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I’m so glad you were able to go and spend this time with your family. They sound absolutely lovely. My favorite shots are of the sunset, especially the one of the three of them holding hands. So beautiful. Thank you for taking us with you. I’m praying for Far Guys quick return to health.
Blessings, Betsy

Bonnie said...

A trip of a lifetime! Love the sunset pictures!

Rita said...

What a wonderful vacation! Loved seeing all the pictures. The sunset ones at the end are just stunning. Something you'll never forget. And then home to a blizzard--LOL! ;)

Tired Teacher said...

Other than the blizzard days, your getaway was a wonderful adventure. Loved all the photos.

Miss Merry said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful vacation. How blessed for your whole family.

Cynthia said...

Those sunset+family photos are so precious and beautiful! That was a lovely way to end the last day of your trip. By the way, we played one of those giant Jenga games, one about 5 feet tall, and it was downright scary when it came down!

Terry and Linda said...

What a wonderful trip! Just perfect! Heat and all :)

Karen said...

A wonderful trip, thanks for taking us along! Yes pets can tie us down, although I've never lived without one. I have wondered if we can manage to take a bit of a pet 'break' after Jake and Luna. I'd like to take a trip to England, I was born there, and Larry's dad's side is from Iceland.

Red said...

I'll bet you'll go back again. Try Maui. we really liked Maui.

Sam I Am...... said...

I am so glad you went and that the opportunity presented itself with your family too. I'm sure you are beloved by them all! Thank you so much for sharing as I will probably not get there in this lifetime! LOL!

L. D. said...

It was a wonderful trip. One would never thing we could ever do such a thing in our younger lives. I can see how the draw of the climate and surrounded by ocean gives one a wonderful experience. I am happy it ended up so much better than the start of bad things. You took some wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

So glad you could take this trip to Hawaii and with multiple generations. What memories and stunning pictures. I had always wanted to go to Hawaii and my daughter and I were able to last July. We went to Maui and thoroughly enjoyed it. Your picture brought back many memories. I would love to go again. We'll see.....Jean T.

Linda Reeder said...

Those sunset pics are a lovely ending to your Hawaii posts. I'm happy that you got to go, and with such good company. I hope you are managing the extreme cold you have returned to.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a trip that you will never forget, and made so special because it was with family! Sharon

Granny Marigold said...

A lovely end to a great holiday!! I hope Far Guy's cold doesn't persist.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Hawaii is such a beautiful place, I loved my holiday there as I can tell you did as well

diane in northern wis said...

Have loved hearing about your vacation and seeing the wonderful pictures. So glad your vacation turned out to be great. Looks like lots of below zero temps moving in for the foreseeable future. At least you have Hawaii to think back on!

Linda W. said...

The Lava Lava Beach club was our favorite place on the island!

Victoria Zigler said...

It sounds like it was a wonderful trip. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Shirley said...

Thanks for all the beautiful photos. Love the one with the palm tree and person leaning against it.
The last sentence made me kind of sad.

Jenn Jilks said...

It must have been a great trip.
"The lanai" when our grandies visit, in summer... I always ask if they want breakfast on the lanai, meaning the back deck. It's now a family joke! Thanks for making me giggle.