Friday, August 18, 2017

The arm

I have an arm. It may hurt like the devil but it is a complete arm.  I have appointments with two different surgeons but not for two or three weeks.

I wrap my entire brace and arm in a fluffy blanket so it stays toasty warm at night and avoids any facial injuries by said brace flopping about in the nightime. I concocted a daytime brace with an elastic stocking and vet wrap…it helps with the pain.

Far Guy is my right arm.  He can scrub floors, scrubbing used to be my thing to do ..now it is his.

Thank goodness I am somewhat ambidextrous. I am not good at writing with either hand right now.  I will need more practice.  I can type (hunt and peck)! I can play cards totally left handed but someone else has to shuffle cards for me (those years dealing Black Jack have come in handy who woulda thunk it?)  I can wash dishes with one hand. I can pet the dog, I can dust…and I can cook as long as the pots and pans are not too heavy and have to be moved... my grip is non existent.

Carpal Tunnel sucks but I am trying to make the best of it.  I will be glad to get this common aging problem behind me.

My dreams are equally awesome and somewhat strange really weird, it must be from all the Ecotrin and Ibuprofin that I have been consuming.

This is the last I will mention it, I will let you know all about the surgery when it is over and done with.

IMG_3636

Blanket Flowers or Gaillardia

Blog Signature

17 comments:

marlu said...

You are a trooper. Some folks would just sit back and say I can't do it and let someone else take over! Hope everything just goes peachy keen and this gets fixed sooner than later! Best thoughts coming your way!

linda m said...

I am glad you have a "helper" and have found ways to deal with the pain. Good luck with the surgeons visits and with any upcoming surgery. I am praying for you. Have a great weekend.

DJan said...

Weeks away from a visit with the surgeon? I would be very upset but I'm not you. I'm glad you have found a way to deal until you get this fixed. I know you won't mention it again, but I'll be keeping you and your arm in my prayers, knowing you are suffering. :-(

Shirley H. said...

I hope that the coming surgery will give you back the use of that arm. It is hard to do things when an arm or arms hurt. I have the same trouble with both arms but I think it is "just" osteoarthritis and I just go ahead and do things through the pain while mentally screaming! Acetaminophen helps some. So just to let you know that many of us have some aches and pains as we age! We find ways of working around it.

Tired Teacher said...

Praying your surgery goes off without a hitch and that you'll be back carving and posting in no time. Best wishes

Linda W. said...

Hope they can fix your arm....being in pain sucks!

Rita said...

Really sucks, but sounds like you are coping as well as you can. I hope all goes smoothly with the doctor visits and surgery. So glad FarGuy is there to help out. Hang in there. Love and hugs!!

Mac n' Janet said...

Have a friend who had to have carpel surgery done on both arms, he got back to normal pretty quickly.

Terry and Linda said...

Whew! I hope it gets fixed soon...Terry's dad had carpal tunnel from all the years of digging out ditches it's terribly painful and very hard to grip anything. Healing thoughts for you!

Karen said...

Sounds awful! Best wishes for a full recovery!

Judy said...

I hope after surgery you are feeling 100% better.

L. D. said...

Pain is not fun. That kind of overall pain must drive you crazy. I do hope the surgery solves it all. Great flowers, I could never grown them.

Red said...

Carpal tunnel isn't nice but I hope you can see an end of it. When I broke my right wrist twice I had to become left handed in a hurry or starve.

Unknown said...

A couple years ago, l had surgery on my right thumb ( not for carpel tunnel) and I'm right handed. I spend all day at work on a computer so for the 6 weeks I was in a cast, I taught myself to be ambimouseterous with the mouse. I got equally good at using my left hand for most things except hand writing. The hardest things were putting in my contacts and pierced earrings. And I had to buy a couple pairs of pull on pants because there was no way I could manage to zip and button myself.

Linda Reeder said...

I'm glad you are progressing toward surgery. I hope all goes well. You will need your right hand man for a while yet.

Kansas Kay said...

Good luck on the surgery- Will keep you in my thoughts & prayers for a great outcome!

Pauline Persing said...

Praying for you. The surgery has helped everyone I know who has had it. Maybe the happiest thing will be getting good sleep at night when the episode is over. I won't mind if you mention it once in a while. It has to be at the back (or front) of your mind most of the time. Hope you are getting lots of careful cuddles from your housemates.