Wednesday, April 24, 2024

More pills

 What do the Doctors do best?  Add more pills to your diet, he doubled my Potassium and hopes that next weeks blood test is better.  Low Potassium makes me so tired.  He checked me all out and scratched his head, and ordered more blood tests...guess what I still have low Potassium. I have no doubt that he is a good Doctor, he teaches Medical Students.  He is also Far Guy's Primary Care Doctor.  

It was great to see the kids: Andy and Jen, Noah and Maddie!  AND of course Sadie and Little Elvis!  They were very happy to see us and I think Sadie was petted and fussed with for several hours straight!

Jen has a few things coming up in her front garden....looks like her Bleeding Heart made it another year! 

The weather was downright warm and sunny in East Grand Forks on Monday afternoon, then it cooled off on Tuesday and rained a bit. 


Sadie and Little Elvis
Far Side


16 comments:

Sara said...

More pills - uggg! Hope they get that potassium figured out for you. Both of those dogs look so sweet, so how could you not pet them and love on them.

Val Ewing said...

More pills....uffdah.
How about bananas? Don't they have a lot of potassium ???

I don't know....

However, my bleeding hearts are coming up too! One has become gigantic and the others are still struggling.

Miss Merry said...

I'm glad you have a good health care provider. I hope this works!!

Terry and Linda said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and with FarGuy

Linda Reeder said...

It's pretty clear to me that medicine is an inexact science. We have yet to discover what is really going on with me and my loss of balance.
Since my issues are more structural, rather than pills, I get more physical therapy, or pain treatments, when the problem isn't pain. It's frustrating, for sure.

Betsy said...

I sure hope the increase in pills help. I always joke with Dennis and say that I thought my pacemaker was supposed to fix my issues. I didn't take any pills before I got it and right after I was put on 7, yes seven, different meds. Yikes. It's great to know that you have confidence in your doctor.
I'm sure Sadie and Little Elvis wee thrilled to see the two of you. Is Far Guy doing a bit better.
Blessings,
Betsy

Maebeme said...

I've yet to need daily pills of any sort, but realize that my time is coming.

I hope what the doctor provided this time will help bring up your potassium levels.

Sounds like a lovely visit with the family and the dogs. I can't imagine that Sadie was upset with all of the attention. :)

Galla Creek said...

Hope they get the potassium figured out. May be one of the other meds causing it.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Pills, pils and more pills seems to become part of our daily lives, I take 6 of a morning and 9 at night and a further 6 during the day.

Shug said...

Hope the doctor gets your low potassium figured out for you. Low potassium makes me feel so sluggish. Glad you had a great visit.....

Red said...

It seems that doctors these days are somewhat weak on the diagnosis part of medicine.

Anonymous said...

LD yes bananas. I can eat only a half once a week.

diane in northern wis said...

Sorry you've got more pills to take! Hope they can fix your problem! Glad you had a nice visit though with your kids and grands and dogs.

Granny Marigold said...

I hope the pills help. It's hard to function when you have no energy.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I'm sure they were glad to see you and vice-versa. Sorry about more pills....ugh!

Shirley said...

Hopefully your will get back to yourself soon... Far Guy too...
Uggh doctors and their pills.