Saturday, March 4, 2023

Apple Pancake

 Gluten Free Apple Pancake it is whats for supper! 

Recipe from Jen

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Put 2 or 3 sliced Granny Smith Apples,  4 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup of sugar and 2 plus teaspoons cinnamon into a cast iron or oven proof skillet and cook 5 -7 minutes until the apples are soft. 

In a bowl combine 3 room temperature eggs and 1/2 cup room temperature milk...beat then add 1/4 teaspoon or more vanilla and 1/2 cup gluten free flour...mix.  Pour over the apples and bake at 425 for 20 minutes.  Flip upside down to serve.   

This recipe serves three or four people.   The plate the apple pancake is sitting on in the photo is a huge platter. 

At home I have a 12 inch cast iron skillet, at Jens she has a large oven proof fry pan.  I have made this recipe with regular flour and it works fine. I have also made a double batch and put part of it in a large 9 X 13 baking dish as long as the inside of the dish is coated with butter. 

Hint: You can make the eggs room temperature by covering them in hot water and a small baggie can hold the milk in a container of hot water. 

Leftovers are great warmed up.  Most everyone puts syrup on their serving...I do not. 


Three of us pretty much finished this pancake off there was a little left over and Sadie got a taste. 

Far Side


23 comments:

Rita said...

I love that even Sadie had a taste. :)

Sandi said...

Looks delicious!

HWIT BLOGG said...

That look's so good! Must try it!
Have a lovely Saturday and take care...
Titti

Maebeme said...

Yum!

Sandra said...

Yum!!! I'm going to give this a try. I was gluten free for 2 yrs, turned out gluten wasn't the problem.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a great-looking meal!

Shirley said...

Looks yummy! Why is it important to have room temperature eggs and milk?

Bettina Groh said...

does it have to be gluten free flour or can one use regular?

Betsy said...

That looks so good. Zoey ALWAYS has to have a tiny taste too. We spoil her.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Bettina Groh said...

oops... missed you had used reg flour!! Found it when writing down the recipe. Will give it a try!!

At Home In New Zealand said...

That is a different idea of what to do with apples, and it sounds rather delicious :)

DJan said...

It looks mouthwateringly good!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Shirley, I think it makes for a better texture:)

Granny Marigold said...

Apple Pancake is what we had for supper last night too! I make it in my cast iron pan and although I've never bothered with warming any ingredients this recipe has never failed. It's a great last minute supper when one has no idea what to make.

L. D. said...

It looks delicious. I bet if I reduced the sugar to one eighth of cup I could eat a portion of it. I am allowed to have one four inch pancake with sugar free syrup. One is better than none.

Galla Creek said...

Wow, that looks very tasty.

Red said...

I live pancakes. These look great.

diane in northern wis said...

Mmm Mmm looks and sounds delicious!

Miss Merry said...

Oh gosh, that does look yummy!!!!

Jennifer said...

The eggs at room temp will help the gf flour rise. Regular flour makes for a better rising. When I cook it, I use two apples, 2 tbs flour, 1/8 cup of sugar. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Sometimes I irritate my mom with the way I do things. Last night she announced she would be cooking, and I didn’t need to help.

Terry and Linda said...

Thank you, I copied this! YUM

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesomely delicious. Please pass the homemade whipped cream with my slice. 😎
Roz M.

Victoria Zigler said...

Yum! Apple pancakes sound tasty. I need to make some.