Saturday, September 24, 2022

Sorting

 I was at loose ends yesterday so I sorted through some "stuff" on my desk.  It is a work in progress.  I have a large covered  box on my desk...a very pretty box with sunflowers on it and it was crammed full of "stuff" that was out of sight out of mind.  Most of it was dealt with or is in progress of being dealt with.  

Everything has a permanent home or goes into the rummage sale tote or is recycled.  

I am in the process of scanning some older photos, some had been tucked away for safe keeping and some my Mother gave me last Spring.  

This photo appeared on my husbands Facebook page last week on my birthday.  Far Guy said "Hey there is a photo of you on Facebook that I have never seen before." 


Ha it could be a mug shot!  Just kidding.  The person who posted the photo must have been going through some newspaper archives.  The year was 1989 and I ran for School Board and lost.  I did win in a couple of Townships.  So much for that experience...the newspaper had to take photos of all the candidates. 


This one was taken in September 1953 when I was two years old.  That is my Mom helping to hold my cake.  The photo was taken at the farm where I grew up.  

So much for sorting through some old memories. 

Far Side

16 comments:

DJan said...

So nice to see pictures of you from the past. That mug shot is great! :-)

Sandra said...

You look serious, like you're ready for the job. I can't take a decent photo. Inherited trait from my mother and grandmother. The little you is an adorable photo!

Sara said...

Old photos are such fun to go through, and they bring back memories. My brother-in-law dropped off a couple of boxes of old photos for me to scan, and I haven't gotten around to it yet. We did have some fun going through the photos and looking at them.

I feel bad that the younger generations won't have old photo albums and boxes of loose photos to dig through. They just have phones full of digital pix.

The Feminine Energy said...

*HA* I love-love-love these pictures, Connie! More, more, MORE!!!!! :-D ~Andrea xoxo

Terry and Linda said...

You are very pretty, Connie!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

OMG!!! I forgot your birthday...again? I had been thinking it was coming up and then like a leaf blowing in the wind it never landed on my calendar! Shame on me! I will make amends soon!
Cute picture....ahh..remember those days when we were young and had no wrinkles and could take stairs 2 at a time? Yeah...those days. Darling birthday photo! My parents never took pictures and never celebrated my birthday. I wanted to trade them in but no one would take them LOL!
Great minds think a like....I've been cleaning off my desk and sorting and finding important papers I didn't know I lost! Onward and upward!

At Home In New Zealand said...

Going through old photos can be so much fun. Good luck with your sorting and scanning :)

Linda Reeder said...

It's fun to see the photo of your short lived political career. It sounds like you were surprised to see it too.

Red said...

And the memories just keep getting older.

L. D. said...

I find pictures of myself on the net of old college dorm photos. Lots of guys being stupid and dressed funny. I seem to have boxes like that I have some really valuable stuff at the moment that I stuffed it there. I am glad your mom had a good hold of that cake.

Granny Marigold said...

Great pictures from the past!!

Betsy said...

It was fun to see the photos of a younger you. I never like pictures of me at all. I've spent hours upon hours in the evenings sorting through a myriad of Mom's boxes of photos. I'm sorting them into families so I can give them to one person in each family to distribute to other family members. Mom still has lots on her walls and in albums in her apartment. It never ends.
Blessings,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

Cute photos! I was appointed to a position with the city once. I knew it was a mistake to accept the position the first day, but my 5x7 "mug shot" was featured on the front page of the paper. I had to decide hoe long I had to make the best of things. It was 18 months, lol.

diane in northern wis said...

I like that picture of you from your past....also like the one of you with your birthday cake. time flies doesn't it? Hope you're both feeling fine these days.

Val Ewing said...

I never liked my dad taking shots of me as a kid, I thought it was dumb...until now when I look back on those memories.

Love the photos.

Rita said...

I'm jealous of that long beautiful hair!! :)