Thursday, September 29, 2022

Painting Projects

 Handy Andy our fantastic son in law installed a new garage side door for us.   Yesterday I began painting ...of course I did not buy the correct size roller...but I did get one coat on the door frame.   The door is steel and I will get it done in no time with a roller.  The next week or so looks like good painting weather.  I hope those stinky beetles stay away....they usually invade us after the beans are harvested. 

I would also like to repaint the sauna...we will see what happens with that after I get the door done.  ( I also have to clean the interior of the sauna before the snow flies...because we like a sauna when it turns cold outside)

It froze here yesterday morning.  There was a real nip in the air. 

Far Guy is rounding the bend on woodcarving the Christmas Ornaments.  He has less than ten left to do.  They have to be painted too...but that can be done indoors on not so nice days.


Nature's paint brush

Far Side


13 comments:

The Feminine Energy said...

Hurry, hurry, hurry with that paint, my friend. It not only needs time to dry but heat to cure as well. Maybe take the door off the hinges & bring it into the house to paint & cure? Since it's technically "hung" already, it will be super easy to put it back on the hinges again. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Maebeme said...

Mother Nature is a wonderful artist. Enjoy your painting projects!

Sara said...

It was definitely chilly here yesterday morning too, but no frost so far. However today summer is back with temps expected in the upper 80s again. For one day. LOL

Sandra said...

I have to wait until after a hard frost to paint, we have a lot of box elder bugs! That's a lovely photo.

Terry and Linda said...

I wish I could still paint. My shoulder and elbow and wrist just won't let me. You go, Girl!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

After painting the garage door, the sauna, and the ornaments, you will be able to hang out a shingle to advertise your services.

Granny Marigold said...

Happy painting. Nothing like a coat of fresh paint to brighten things up.

DJan said...

Love nature's paint brush picture!

Red said...

I have officially retired from any painting.

Miss Merry said...

I bet the door will look great! But the sauna sounds like quite the project! Good luck.

Betsy said...

You two always get so much done. I'm tired thinking about it. Dennis had to put a new mailbox on while I was at his Mom's yesterday. He painted where the old one was while I was at the doctor with her today. It seems there is a lot of painting going on these days in blogland!
Blessings,
Betsy

Henny Penny said...

You write the best posts! How do you do it, and every day. It is getting so pretty up your way! The maple leaves are my favorite. Sure appreciate your comment on my latest post, when I asked for suggestions for the cinder block wall. I read it said, "DUH"! You think of everything! That would be so simple and so pretty. Turn all the top blocks with the holes up and fill them with dirt. Thank you Far Side!

Rita said...

Oh my--almost done with ornament carving already! Painting doors and saunas. You guys are really on top of it this year--wow!
And what a wonderful SIL to put that door in for you. :) :)