Monday, September 19, 2022

Changing

 The leaves are changing fast.   I finally felt up to going out to water a few flowers, to get Saturdays mail and check the tomatoes.   


I am feeling tired and my arm is a bit swollen from the Covid Booster so my fingers go to sleep especially at night...so I ice my arm to keep the swelling down. 

Far Guy is ill.  He has aches and a really sore throat, he slept off and on all day yesterday.   He did a home test for Covid and it was negative.  So it must be a regular cold or the flu.  Hopefully he will feel better soon. 

I am babysitting some flowers.  This pot sits right outside the door.  It was full of blooms...then a deer found it and we watched it munch away on the flowers.


So much for a pretty pot of flowers. 

On our camera we have deer, a raccoon and a skunk that visit the yard.  As you can see the leaves are starting to litter the lawn. 

Far Side

14 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Have Far Guy test several more times. My sister was negative for 3 days before the test showed positive. Dr said Omicron would be that way sometimes. Hope he feels better really soon.

The Feminine Energy said...

Yep, our leaves are littering the ground too. Tis the season, I suppose. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Sara said...

We are definitely seeing the leaves starting to turn here too. And our mornings have been quite chilly. Hopefully you both will feel better quickly.

Sandra said...

It's good of you to provide a snack for the deer! Sorry FG is not well.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sorry that you’re both under the weather. I’m not looking forward to the Booster, but I’ll get it. Leaves are turning and falling steadily.

Terry and Linda said...

Your leaves are beautiful

Maebeme said...

I do hope Far Guy recovers quickly. Rest is probably the best thing for both of you.
The leaves aren't falling here just yet but I know it won't be long.

Jenn Jilks said...

Those oak leaves are lovely!
I guess the sore arm is not as bad as COVID. I'd not thought about ice. Good idea.
I'm sure the deer appreciated the flowers!

Linda Reeder said...

Leaved are changing here too, but slowly, at least those that are not just drying up.
I try with each post to comment, but often lately the posts fail. We;ll see what happens this time.

diane in northern wis said...

I think your leaves are changing faster than ours this year. We should be catching up soon. So sorry to hear of your pains and far guy being sick. Praying you're both feeling much better soon.

Miss Merry said...

Prayers you both feel much better tomorrow!

Leah said...

We were 4-wheelin' in the hills on Sunday, there is a little bit of color out there. (that poor plant).

DJan said...

I hope FG recovers quickly. It is worrisome when we get sick like that and don't know why. :-(

L. D. said...

Deer look cute so they don't seem so bad even though they eat way too many things. My dogwoods are changing colors first this year.