Friday, May 5, 2023

May Stuff

 We had Virtual Book Club yesterday.  I gave the book a SAD 6.  One of the other gals rated it the same and others rated it higher.   I thought it was a very sad book and if you are into sad then read it. 


A woman is no man by Etaf Rum

I have been working on a crochet project in the evenings and early mornings.  If I get up early I watch a movie.  This week I watched Whitney Houston: I wanna dance with somebody (Who knew drugs could be hidden in pens?) I give it a 5, A Cowgirls Song (Cheryl Ladd can sing) I give it a 7, Father Stu (Inspiring) I give it an 8 it is a true story, Pitch Perfect (some girls are so mean...I loved Fat Amy) I give it a 8,The Mustang (Wild Horses can be tamed but some should just go free) I give it a 8.  As you can tell I have weird taste in movies.


So I completed seven bags to add to my stash and I am preparing another six or so to finish off that project and then put the yarn away! 

Yesterday Far Guy had his infusion and I ran a whole bunch of errands and worked in the yard in the late afternoon. 

Far Side

18 comments:

Rita said...

You just have eclectic tastes and love variety. They sound interesting to me. LOL! It was vey nice out to work in the yard, anyways. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Sorry you didn't enjoy the book for the book club very much. And it sounds like you've been watching an interesting selection of movies.

Ed said...

Of those, I've only seen Father Stu and enjoyed it as well.

Maebeme said...

The bags are so pretty. I'm sure they are good for using up bits and bobs of yarn too.
I'm not a movie fan...my attention span is too short. Yet I can watch, and enjoy, a three hour curling or baseball game. Now that's weird. 😄

Sandra said...

I haven't seen any of those movies. I'm going to look into the book. The bags are pretty.

Sara said...

I tend to avoid sad or depressing books, and brutal violent movies. Several years ago I decided life is just too short to waste my time on them. My husband liked the Father Stu movie but I didn't go with him as I had something else going on. I woke up WAY TOO EARLY on Tuesday, and ended up watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Sara said...

Those little bags are a clever idea!

Anonymous said...

Love your bags. They are so pretty. Thank you for sharing them.

Galla Creek said...

My Sister Fleta said recently—I’m done with sad books. The world is depressing enough without looking for more to make one cry!

aurora said...

I do not enjoy reading sad books either. I just finished "Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine" by Gail Honeyman. I really enjoyed it!

The only movie I've seen from your list is Pitch Perfect. It's a good one. There are sequels you might enjoy as well.

Nice color combo's on those cute bags!

Miss Merry said...

Love the bags! I am not into sad books at all. Cozy is my ticket these days.

I am streaming TUBI now. I keep finding programs to hook me. Right now I am watching a show based in England where 9 people paint portraits of 3 celebrities and the portraits are judged for a finale. There are several seasons, but I have not reached the finale in the first season I am watching. Most of them are fantastic artists!

Jenn Jilks said...

You have eclectic tastes! That is a good thing.

L. D. said...

Your pouches are so great. It makes you want to find things to stash in them.

Betsy said...

I bought a package of those bags to make for Christmas gifts. Do you know if there is somewhere I can find instructions on how to crochet them? YouTube? Ravelry? Do they have a name to looks up? As you can tell, I'm full of questions.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Betsy, I emailed you the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzBxMyFEU3E

diane in northern wis said...

Nope I don't like reading a sad book. I prefer uplifting, funny, even a mystery as long as it's not gory.....Your little bags sure turn out cute! Hope far guys infusion went well.

Linda Reeder said...

You watch a lot of movies!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

How did you manage to stay awake through all those movies? Your bags are all so pretty!!!