Sunday, May 7, 2023

Dirty Job

 Friday I mowed a spot in the wild gardens, it was supposed to rain...and it did rain on Saturday. When I was done I was covered in dirt...even Far Guy said you need a bath!  FYI I was wearing my safety glasses...I do not mow or trim without them.  However I was so dirty that some dirt on my face or in my hair got into my eye after I took my safety glasses off.  AND then I rubbed my eye.  

I was on the couch much of yesterday...sinking my patched eye into a pillow with a finger pressed onto the eye patch keeping the eye closed and the eyelid from fluttering around.   I watched the Coronation and lots of cooking shows and had many naps.

I should be right as rain in a couple of days...and all rested up. 

Far Side



14 comments:

Rita said...

Sorry about your eye. Hope you are back in action soon.
I couldn't sleep and made the mistake of watching the coronation live...was up till morning! Geez! I should have slept--lol! ;)

Val Ewing said...

Ouch, ouch.
Rest up. Heal up!

Victoria Zigler said...

Hope your eye feels better soon. Naps are good.

Maebeme said...

Yikes, I do hope your eye heals up quickly. In the meantime, enjoy your naps.

Sandra said...

OUCH! Take the day easy.

Terry and Linda said...

Gosh! Hope your eye heals fast...very fast. I have eye issues and they are very miserable.

Linda Reeder said...

Except for the discomfort, it was a good excuse to take it easy and watch the Coronation.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh dear! I hope the eye feels better soon

diane in northern wis said...

Thanks for the beautiful pink flower picture! So sorry about your eye....but hope you're good as new soon! I didn't watch the coronation but did watch the Kentucky Derby!

Miss Merry said...

OUCH! An irritated eye is irritating!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

One of he reasons I have been wearing my glasses and avoiding my contacts lately. I hate dirt in the eye

At Home In New Zealand said...

Hope your eye improves quickly. It's not much fun having an injury like that. Mxx

L. D. said...

There must have been a grain of your sand with little rocks in it. Your sandy soil is made up of so many small parts. I hope it gets better soon. My eyes hurt just hearing about it.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I hope your eye heals up! I watched the coronation too.