Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Skating along

 We are just skating along, doing what we usually do everyday...yesterday was a bit exciting because we got to visit with Adams gal.  As soon as she came in the door we started talking to her...hardly giving Adam a chance to open his mouth.  The other exciting part of the day was Ravens that pilfered garbage from over flowing containers that are set out by the street for pickup. 

Some Christmas photo cards arrived in the mail...that was exciting too! Got a notice in the mail that our mail began forwarding November 29...yet our mail box back home has been full...the right hand must not know what the left hand is doing....go figure.  Good thing most of our bills come by email. 



I worked on mittens and ran an errand with Jen.  We made fish tacos for supper....they will make a turd or push one out. 



Far Side

14 comments:

linda m said...

Don't you just love how "efficient" or Postal workers are. They sure wouldn't last long in the private sector. Love the pair of ice skate ornaments.

Val Ewing said...

Love the skate decorations!
OHHHH to see company, what a wonderful thing that must be! My only excitement this week will be seeing a plumber tech and taking hubby for his hearing aids. Meh.

Sara said...

I always enjoy getting the Christmas cards and letters each year. This year I still haven't sent mine out. Hmmm - maybe today is the day I'll get my Christmas letter written. Or maybe not. Sigh!

Miss Merry said...

Love the skates!

The Feminine Energy said...

"They will make a turd or push one out".... that's my buddy Connie talkin'!! :-D PS~ My Christmas cards are getting mailed today. Yours will either come to your new place or old one...it will be fun to see which. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Rita said...

LOL! Company can be so exciting the place gets filled with chatter.
Cute skates. :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Most mail workers do a bloody good job

Betsy said...

Postal workers, election workers. One and the same. We've notified the election office in Spokane that we no longer live there and don't send ballots. We keep getting notices to verify our new Spokane address. One each yesterday AND today in fact. We have received dozens of them. What does that all cost in the long run/ I'm sure it's not just us either. And it took months to get our mail correct. Jeesh!
Blessings,
Betsy

Terra said...

Those skates are so festive, and I love Christmas cards, always so pretty. I am in the midst of mailing mine out, and receiving them. One arrived from as far away as Sweden.

Victoria Zigler said...

Sounds about right regarding the postal service... Ours is that efficient too. *rolls eyes*

I almost feel sorry for Adam's gal. LOL!

aurora said...

Do those skates have significance? Just curious. They are lovely. I had to re-read your closing statement, at first I thought it was a typo lol.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Jens old figure skates:0

DJan said...

Love the skates, too. I wish I enjoyed Christmas cards as much as you do. I just feel guilty to all who send me one. But not for too long. :-)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Love all the cute photo cards and the skates are precious!