Friday, December 24, 2021

Cards, Packages, Infusion and Puppy Sitting

 Another banner day for Christmas cards yesterday! Nine!  Minnesota, North Dakota, Indiana and Arkansas! 


The last of the packages were wrapped.


Puppy was watched, as Sadie slept in my slipper.   It is a dirty job but someone has to watch her sleep.   After the photos I picked her up and put her in her kennel so she could get a good nap and I could leave the room...when she woke up she whined and we made a trip outside.  


She kinda woke up for a photo.


She is growing when she sleeps. 

We put a hot pack on Far Guy's arm for the Infusion gals...it still took them two tries.  We have decided that we will try a bunch of different eateries for lupper ( lunch and supper) on Thursday after the Infusion appointment...yesterday was Arby's drive through we hadn't had roast beef piled high in years...it was very good.  Last week we went to Perkins...that was excellent also.  We are calling it our Foodie Adventure!

Today I make Pumpkin Bread.  Happy Christmas Eve!

Far Side


20 comments:

Maebeme said...

Awww, what a cute puppy! I'm sure your family appreciate you taking care of her during the day.
I guess 2 tries are better than last week. Your food adventure sounds fun.
Merry Christmas!

Sara said...

That puppy is just the cutest! Merry Christmas to you all.

Linda Reeder said...

Oh my, that puppy! So cute.
I think food adventures is a good way to make infusion trips fun.
Merry Christmas!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Sadie is so cute! I would love to go to an Arby's! I get restaurant ads on the t.v. but most are 2-3 hours away...not fair! LOL! Enjoy your food adventures and Happy Christmas Eve. You do a beautiful job wrapping!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Sadie is a sweet girl! Merry Christmas

Bonnie said...

Sadie is adorable! May you, Far Guy and all your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! xxx

Gemma's person said...

Thank you for the Sadie in the Slipper photo, made me chuckle out loud.
Happy days and Merry.
I love your ideas of fun....choosing a different place to eat each day.You make my day so much happier. Thank you.

Miss Merry said...

Can't wait to here more of your food adventures! A puppy just makes it seem like Christmas, doesn't it? Merry Christmas to you, the Far Guy and your family.

aurora said...

Good idea to have something fun to look forward to after infusions. I did not know hot packs help. Cute puppy pics! Hope Elvis is feeling better.

Ed said...

I can't remember the last time I set foot in a Perkins but it was probably decades ago and I was probably three sheets to the wind at the time.

Jenn Jilks said...

So adorable!

The Feminine Energy said...

Happy Christmas Eve to you too, Connie. May blessings abound! ~Andrea xoxoxo

Betsy said...

The numbers of sticks are going down. Now to get to one! I have to hot pack my arm for blood draws, I.V.'s too. Not fun.
Sadie is a little bundle of love. Zoey steals Dennis's and Mom's slippers all of the time. Sometimes for chewing, sometimes sleeping. How wonderful that you're there and she can bond with you.
Merry Christmas Eve to you and Far Guy.
Blessings,
Betsy

Debi said...

Happy Christmas Eve to you and Far Guy. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day.

diane in northern wis said...

And a very happy and Blessed Christmas Eve to you and Far Guy and all of your extended family plus critters! Here's to a better 2022.....hope hope hope.

Red said...

I hope they find some technique for Far Guys infusion.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Arbys and Perkins. Two great Food places. I used to cook at Perkins.. my Junior and Senior year in college... New Ulm, Minnesota. Fun times.

Victoria Zigler said...

I'm sure everyone appreciates you puppy sitting.
Two tries are better than you've had some weeks.
Enjoy your foody adventure.
Merry Christmas.

DJan said...

I will also say it: Sadie is adorable! I can imagine that the scent in your slippers seems like love to her. Merry Christmas to you and yours, dear friend!

Leah said...

She sure is a cutie! I am sure you two are enjoying her!