Thursday, June 28, 2018

Town and Art

Went to town, my eye infection is back again…nope I have not been using eye makeup… I have more antibiotic drops for a number of days. If it isn’t one thing it is another.

Far Guy and Chance went along, Chance had not been for a ride in a few days…he almost refused to go.  I said “Lets go to town Chance!”  He went to the door of the house.  Silly dog.

The Pharmacy had my prescription somplace, they filled it but couldn’t find it… it was filed under C for Connie.  Go figure.  I think they might be confused since their best pharmacist retired.

The park in town got five new sculptures.  I had been wanting to see them in person.  They are works of Northern Minnesota Artists.  They will be sold next May and new ones will take their places.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sculpture #1

IMG_0598 

IMG_0601

I wonder what was supposed to be in the pipe?  No doubt something VERY relaxing. Is this creature male or female?…it has long hair covering up its feet.  I think it is marble…I did not touch it.

Far Guy asked me…What was that green one…a toad?

As far as I can tell this is an unnamed sculpture.  What would you call it?

IMG_0599

Blog Signature

18 comments:

Victoria Zigler said...

Hope the infection clears up quickly.

linda m said...

Hope your infection gets better real soon. As for the sculptures - I am no art critic, but I really wouldn't know what to call them as I don't like them very much.

Val Ewing said...

I like that sculpture, it is interesting and looks like what I imagine being melted into relaxation is. Ahhhh.
And your eye. Gee, I hope it gets better quickly!

DJan said...

I too hope your eye infection clears up quickly. And the sculpture is very weird if you ask me. I don't like it much either. :-)

Tired Teacher said...

Hmmm, it would be nice to know what the artist AND the pharmacist assistant was thinking. . .

Anonymous said...

Eye infections are terrible and those drops are super expensive. So sorry.
I have given up on blogging - deleted my blog. I'll still be around to visit and you can email any time. Feel better soon.

Rita said...

Hope the eye is better soon!
Those sculptures are too weird for me--LOL! ;)

goodnightgram said...

The marble is pretty, but... I have no idea what I would call the sculpture. Sorry your eye infection came back.

Terry and Linda said...

soaking in the sun! I have a tendency to do that! I hope your eye gets better fast, Connie!

Betsy said...

I’m so sorry about your eye.i hope the infection clears up quickly. Interesting art!
Blessings,
Betsy

Cynthia said...

Sorry about your eye infection returning. I'm sure it's annoying after you considered that done and dusted. As for the sculpture, I'm not sure what it should be called but her hair looks like a mermaid tail.

Paula said...

A very interesting sculpture. Hope your eye is better soon!

troutbirder said...

Modern art? Hmmm..

Red said...

I hope the eye gets better very soon.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sure I wouldn't know what to call that strange piece of art.
Hope your eye infection clears up soon. Hopefully the meds will help it heal.

Shirley said...

Some "art" should not be publicly funded.
Hope the prescription works on your eye.

Terra said...

I hope your eye infection heals quickly. That is a strange sculpture, for a minute I thought it was a being like Jaba the Hut (spelling?).

Lady Fi said...

Very unusual - looks like a woman enjoying the sun!