Monday, September 11, 2017

Struggles

We all have our struggles and crosses to bear.  I have stiches in my hand that are driving me half totally crazy.  Nothing seems to help…except ice and elevation…one night I even took one of those poop stopping pain pills…I was desperate to be pain free to sleep. I figured if one stopped me up at least I was pain free for four hours…and eventually I would poop again.  Thank goodness just one had no effect!!!

I am tired. I bawl at the drop of a hat. I am cranky…yet I am not in a forest fire or a hurricane ..SO I should quit the bitchin…suck it up and put my big girl panties on and not rip out the fourteen stitches in my hand by myself.  ( I could start and remove a few and then Far Guy will have to help me finish.)

If I were a dog I would certainly have bitten them to release the torturous things. I would have to wear that doggie cone of shame because I could not be trusted if I were a dog.

Life would be easier if I WERE A DOG.

I am beginning to think that I am allergic to those stitches and what ever else they used to close up that incision.  It hurts, it itches…I am done bitching now…the stitches will be gone in a few more hours. I can do it…maybe.  I wonder how many minutes it is until then?

Photo from Carey

This is a photo my baby brother sent me from Houston.  He works there. He wrote “ I had a leaky garage ceiling, no significant issues. Some folks down the street not so much see the photo…”  He was away from Houston during Hurricane Harvey and returned after Labor Day.

Blog Signature

16 comments:

Cynthia said...

Sorry I am laughing but the vision of a human-size dog cone was too funny. Glad you have. Tiny bit of your sense of humor still in there somewhere. Just a few more hours to hang on and hopefully that itching torture will be over. You have every right to be crabby and weepy. I hope you have an early appointment.

linda m said...

I know it is not funny about the stitches, but the way you tell the story is hilarious. At least you still have your sense of humor. Glad you are having them removed today. Hope all the pain and itching will disappear with the disappearance of the stitches. As for being crabby, etc you have every right to be. Hope you feel better real soon.

DJan said...

Thank God they are coming out today. Right? And yes it might be funny to laugh about and smile, but I know what constant itching can be like. It's hell. Next time you post I hope they are history!

Lynda said...

I thought it was just me who could cry at the drop of a hat - - - while adjusting to this asthma - - which is much much improved. I just can't go at 60 mph all day which is what I was used to doing.

L. D. said...

Direct pain is a good reason to have complaints. My new hand condition causes my joints to lock up in my fingers and I never ever made a sound with pain. I do now when I unclick them as my whole body feels the pain. Time will heal but that isn't much comfort I am sure for you. Stay tough!

Terry and Linda said...

Pain like you are talking about is miserable. I hope you heal quickly once the stitches are out!!!!

Rita said...

Glad the stitches are coming out! I hope that helps. Really sucks, but this pain should let up soon and then you shouldn't have all the pain you had before the surgery. Still--I know it sucks.

Lady Fi said...

Poor you! Hang on in there.

Pauline Persing said...

Hang on. Hope getting those stitches out help. Did you ask the doctor about all the itching?

Granny Marigold said...

Things can only get better from here on in. Hopefully taking the stitches out will relieve the itchiness.

Paula said...

I have to keep reminding myself that things could be worse too! Sometimes it works but usually it doesn't! I still feel the sorriest for me! Hope those stitches are now out!!

The Furry Gnome said...

Well, I feel for ya, even though there are bigger problems around.

Red said...

Itching is a good sign. It means that healing is taking place.

Linda Reeder said...

Hmmm. Sorry you are being tortured. I don't remember having that much trouble. I hope the tormenting subsides soon.

Mac n' Janet said...

I know that others have it worse, but when I'm in pain or some other physical problem I want relief now and the rest of the world be damned. Hope it's better soon.

Sam I Am...... said...

I hope it continues to heal and that you can use your hand again. It would drive me batty if I couldn't knit or do something! I'd take up smoking again...I know I would! LOL!