Saturday, April 11, 2015

Chance: I am Handsome!

Hiya it is I Chance the handsomest Border Collie in all of Minnesota!

Far Side got up early…she and I went for a ride. There was snow on the ground by the garage when we left.  I shoulda known…I was being dropped off….abandoned….left all alone.

At the groomer.  I like the people and the other dogs and I tolerate the grooming.

I heard Far Side give them instructions…No water in his ears (I gets an earache) only hypoallergenic shampoo ( I break out from the other shampoos, painful little itchy bumps) NO PERFUME cause Far Guy gets sick…and Far Side does the green around the gills/tremendous headache thing with perfume. Give him a short cut…whatever that meant… I have a whole lots less hair now and my white is white and my black is black.  My glands have been expressed and my nails clipped.

Chance  April 10

I even look a bit thinner!  AND handsome…Far Side said so…and IF she says something you can bet it is true.

Chance and the beads

There is no beautiful green grass to lay around in…only brown hay like grass that I cart in the house…but there is no mud either.

Odda came to visit one day and then Jo came over to get Odda and to pet me.  I herded a bunny rabbit one day until Far Side hollered “Leave that bunny ALONE.” I got to visit Jade and Deacon…Jade still wants to lick me in the mouth and that irritates me. On our rides this week we saw turkeys, horses and cows. It was a good week.

Chance closeup

20 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I need to get a couple to the groomer. I say each time I should do it. My border herds all the fowl out on the farm. I have a few goast and sheep, so he works all day and night.

Linda Kay said...

Chance is right...he looks extremely handsome with his new "do". Have a great weekend.

DJan said...

You DO look thinner, Chance. And I am always impressed by your blogging skills. You look very nice, too. :-)

Patsy said...

Chance you are very handsome , thinner controlled house hold member and I would love to give you a hug.

Gail said...

Chance, you are very handsome. I know the abandonment is a problem but they do return. You are a fine dog!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh Chance, you are plum gorgeous after your spa day!

Tired Teacher said...

Handsome is truly the right word to describe you, Chance.

Linda W. said...

What a handsome guy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chance:
You always look handsome to me, but getting your fur trimmed will help keep you cooler this coming summer.

Shirley H.

Terry and Linda said...

You ARE most handsome, Chance. Mom says I need to go to the groomers. When I go it will be the first time ever since Fuzzy died.

Boomer

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

Anonymous said...

Hey Chance! All that grooming sounds like you're getting ready for the prom or something. And isn't it much easier to blog with clipped nails? Your white does look whiter!

L. D. said...

You are a busy guy. Our dogs are so glad that it is so much warmer. The little guy goes out and stands and smells the air. He isn't seeing very much anymore but he can see movement so his job is to scare away anything that moves. Barney is starting to loose weight as he is actually moving around now that he can patrol the fences. You groomer does a great job. Barney's groomer will be using the garden hose with mixed warm water and scissors.

Red said...

Hey, Chance, I got a haircut this week. Does that make me the most handsome dude in Alberta?

Cynthia said...

I hope you don't get cold with your spring haircut, Chance. You certainly do look spiffy!

Anonymous said...

You look very handsome, Chance. Our grass is just now beginning to green up. Glad you had a nice week.



Primitive Stars said...

Chance you are a handsome devil, Francine.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Dear Chance, my mom gives all the same instructions 'cept she says DON'T cut any hair 'cause border collies should have long hair! I guess maybe 'cause I'm a girl. Sure wish we could send you some rain. I keep getting in trouble for having muddy toes. Sigh...

Love, Kate

Far Side of Fifty said...

Kate, You probably stay in the fields, I like to run in the woods and collect raspberry sticks and really sticky burrs in my fur...Chance

Rita said...

You really do look handsome with your new cut. Sounds like a really good week. Grass will be sprouting soon, I hope. We're supposed to maybe get some rain this coming week. :)

Intense Guy said...

Yes you are the handsomest dog in the state! I bet you might even be a national champ!