Saturday, July 29, 2017

Friday Happenings

We had a get together and a potluck picnic with friends at Menahga before the concert.  I made potato salad and they all said they hoped I would bring that very dish. ( I might be a pretty good potato salad maker!)  Good food and good company. We got together to look and think back about one of our friends who died last winter…we are all wood carvers.  Norm died last winter and his daughter brought about six boxes of carving “stuff” to the library one day…so we all met to look it over.  I got a few interesting almost finished carvings that I will finish and donate to a fund raiser…Norm would have liked that.

After supper we headed over to the concert on the lake.  No rain this week, but the music pretty much sucked.  People were on their phones, one lady was even knitting…Far Guy and I boogied out at intermission.  The band was supposed to play 60’s music…one song was…the rest were heavy on badly played guitar solos… “original hits” that no one had heard before.

Concert one

Unknown concert goers

We had to feed Chance and take him for his walk anyways.   He started a new medication that the Vet said may help his right rear lameness/nerve problem.   The good news is that he is in fine heath otherwise his hips are great and his heart and lungs are good and strong, he could stand to lose a few pounds,  the other bad news was if he was a person he would need bifocals and he has a hemorrhoid. (getting older is a pain in the butt some days)

Blog Signature

14 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Good to be with friends, but it sucks that the concert wasnt any good. Now that potato salad....yummm.

DJan said...

Glad to hear that Chance is mostly in good health and that maybe the new meds will help him get around. Yep, Chance, I know all about this getting older being a pain in the butt. In your case, literally. :-)

Sam I Am...... said...

I should ask our vet about that as I thought it was arthritis but maybe there is something else that could be helped in some way. Thanks for sharing Chance's health issue. We wish him a long healthy, pain free life!
Your potato salad sounds like it is a winner and the potluck and outdoor concert sounded like great fun until the music went bad! LOL! Have a great Saturday...it's finally cooled off here a bit....still humid but 80's instead of 90's.

Anonymous said...

Could you post the name of his new medication. A friend's dog is having problems.
Here's hoping Chance is helped by it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Carprofen twice a day for two weeks then a recheck at the Vets:)

Terry and Linda said...

Poor Puppy! I hate having our fur kids not up to par!!! I hope Chance gets to feeling much better soon!

Cynthia said...

I don't like it when musicians play their own music either. I like something I can recognize. I hope Chance is feeling better. Bob wanted me to send him a peanut butter treat but then she decided to eat it herself instead. Sorry Chance!

Shirley H. said...

I am sad that Chance is having some medical problems. I dearly love potato salad and rarely get any so would love to be there and have some of yours. It sounds like it is very good.

Dreaming said...

A collapsing leg sounds terrible - but at least he has 3 others that are in working order!
LOL Your description of the music reminds me of a "concert" they had at the assisted living facility where my MIL lives. It was described as being loud, gospel sung off key. My BIL was praying the concert would end very soon!

Red said...

Giving things away is a good way to downsize, In this case somebody else had to do it,

Paula said...

That will certainly be a good way to honor your friend by finishing his wood carvings!!

Jacqi Stevens said...

Oh, poor Chance! I hope that medication works for him!

Lady Fi said...

Awww - here's hoping Chance's health improves.

Akgirl said...

If you are in to holistic treatments - I don't know if you do Facebook but there is a group called Tumeric Users Group (TUG) where I learned about Golden Paste and gave to my Aussie that had weakness and arthritis from a knee surgery and torn ligament. It's easy to make and you start with a small amount and increase slowly.