Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Hanging on

I picked up some sticks in the yard.  Someone wanted to burn them right away in the firepit.  I said just cover them up for another day.  A piece of steel is our cover, it keeps the rain and or snow melt out of the pit.

Hydrangea blooms survived the winter

This old hydrangea bloom held on all winter. 

IMG_9975

Eunoymous ‘Chicago Fire’ otherwise known as a Burning Bush held a few berries over the winter.

We have two trees that are just hanging on. They are Oaks that grew funny with weak branches way off the ground, that are now almost on the ground.  One day we will deal with them.  It was a tough winter on many of the trees. I miss my electric chain saw….I cut wood as far as my cord would go…when I talked about loading up the generator in the wagon behind the three wheeler to attack trees farther away…my chain saw mysteriously disappeared.

Blog Signature

11 comments:

Rita said...

Seems like the trees can handle all kinds of snow but all the ice is harder on them.
I imagine you'd be scary with a chain saw--LOL! ;)

Jenn Jilks said...

Oh nno! I have a chain saw I don't know how to use!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Aw, that's no fun. Give her back her chain saw :-D.

Terra said...

Oh, the Mystery of the Chain Saw that Disappeared. That might be a Nancy Drew title. I just ordered a hydrangea that has flowerheads that look like snowballs.

DJan said...

I am reading a good book right now, "The Hidden Life of Trees" about how they communicate. Somebody saw you eyeing their buddies and they sent a posse to get rid of that chainsaw! :-)

Terry and Linda said...

You made me laugh...Terry would make mine disappear if I wanted to do that!!! :)

Karen said...

I've often thought that an electric chainsaw would come in handy. For me, at least ;-)

Red said...

Chainsaws? I got rid of mine hen I was 73. I felt I was not steady enough on my feet anymore. In your case I have some people I would suspect.

Linda Reeder said...

The last time we fought with our chain saw (Tom fought, I grumbled) we gave up and rented one.
Spring is happening here slowly. It is pink and yellow time, as forsythia and plum trees have popped in the last week. But it is still so cold and wet it is hard to enjoy the new beauty. We are hanging on, too.

Country Gal said...

They make smaller gas chain saws for women I want one but afraid my shoulders cant take it any more I cant use hubby's to heavy now . I am looking forward to camp fires again here to probably this week as it has been so lovely and I have had the chance to do some yard work already . It is amazing what plants can last through out a harsh winter . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Sam I Am...... said...

Chainsaws are scary to me! My boys used to use them and I was always holding my breath and also when they lit wood piles to burn.