Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Chance: Announcing the winner!

Yesterday it warmed up to almost 50 F and the snow at the snow stick melted away!

March 20 afternoon

I posed patiently after supper…and the winner is Pippa!

March 20  PM    Pippa  was the winning guess.  Please click on Far Sides profile to find a email address and then send us an email with your address so she and I can send your package off in the mail.

We will leave the snowstick in place and if we get more than four inches of snow we will begin the contest again with the same guesses.

Pippa will receive a one of a kind wood carving and some notecards.

Carving and cards

March 20

We still have some snow in the yard but it is melting fast!

Happy Spring!! 

IMG_9938

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Pippa. Chance, you look happy that the snow melted!

Rita said...

Congratulations to Pippa.
Thanks to Chance for posing with the stick. ;)

Pauline Persing said...

Glad spring has found you.

linda m said...

Congratulations to Pippa. Chance you make a very handsome announcer. Glad your snow is melting.

DJan said...

Lucky Pippa! Congratulations, and yes, Happy Spring, Chance! :-)

Kansas Kay said...

The first day of Spring delivered great weather for you! Chance is looking good!

Tired Teacher said...

Bare ground is a glorious sight in snow country! Still have a small drift in my backyard, but it may disappear by the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Chance! Wow! Look at the difference between today's photo and yesterday's. That water and ice went quickly. I don't blame you for not posing in the photo in Far Side's previous post.

Cynthia said...

Hooray for spring, and congrats to the winner! Chance looks quite pleased with the new look of his yard.

Sam I Am...... said...

Congrats to Pippa! Now I know why it was so warm down here yesterday! I think I'll get one of those mining hats with the lights and go out and work at night.

Wendy said...

Congratulations to Pippa!! Happy to see that you posed so we could see you, Chance! Enjoy the springtime.

Red said...

Congratulations to Pippa. I was so close! If I had a now stick it would still be deep in snow.

Shirley said...

That's a lovely photo, Chance. Do you know that if you look at where it says 32 on that stick it would be how much snow we had?

Terry and Linda said...

YAY for Pippa! You are one handsome doggie, Chance!

Pippa said...

Oh my gosh!! So happy I won! Thanks, Chance and Far Side! And thanks everyone for the congratulations;I never win anything, so this is wonderful!

Pippa said...

Email sent!

Linda Reeder said...

Congrats to Pippa! And to you for clearing the snow stick. I hope spring sticks around for you.