Monday, October 20, 2014

Train Show

The Train show is slowly becoming a tractor show.  We walked around and found a few goodies….I bought a Year 2000 Lionel Hallmark Christmas Ornament.  Far Guy bought some O Scale people and a transformer and some decals.   It was a fun outing on a very nice day…it was about 70 F…great weather for October!

IMG_3638

 

I had fun looking at the old toys but there were fewer of them than last year.

IMG_3633

IMG_3630

Then there is retro.

IMG_3631

We have gone to this show for the past three years…many vendors stay the same…and their “wares” stay the same too.   I saw one item that I was interested in only because I have never seen it before….and I don’t need to start collecting train cars…so I left it there.

After the Train Show we headed to Petco…Chance loves going in there…he was a gentleman and got a new collar…red and reflective and a few treats.  I had to walk down some aisles looking only at the floor. (I wish they didn’t have snakes.)

Blog Signature

17 comments:

linda m said...

Hubby and I enjoy going to shows like your train show. I still can't get over seeing my "toys" displayed as antiques. For me it is not snakes but mice and rats.

DJan said...

Nice to visit the train show through your eyes. It doesn't get old for me, since it's the only time I go to one. :-)

Marty said...

Train shows are such fun. I'd love to go to someone's house and play with their trains, but have no desire to begin collecting them.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, great show with so many wonderful goodies. Blessings Francine.

Sam I Am...... said...

What a great way to spend a Sunday. I think you were warmer than we were yesterday! LOL! I didn't go out yesterday except to let the dogs out. Wasn't feeling too perky this weekend. I would have loved to go to a train show. Reflective collar....great idea! Thanks for the tip about the wallpaper.

Karen said...

It was that temperature here yesterday as well! Very bizarre, and stayed warm well into the evening, after nine or more.
The train and toy show would be interesting to see, but I doubt I would bring anything home.
Snakes, rats mice...well I'm fine with them as long as I know they are in cages, it's the thought of them being around me feet that freaks me out:)

Nancy said...

I don't like snakes either, in cages or out!

The temperatures have been wonderful here, too. Mother Nature finally gave us an actual pleasant transition of weather this year.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely old ambulance!

Dreaming said...

I've noticed the same thing about vendors and their goods at shows I've been to.
We went to the train museum in Old Sacramento, CA. They had a gorgeous display of toys and trains, as well as the real deal. It was a great museum!

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

What a great day to be out and about. I'm staying close to home, trying to put more of the garden to bed.

Red said...

Some of these shows have a few eye stoppers. If I wasn't in the city I'd be collecting old John Deere tractors.

Linda Kay said...

My hubby has almost all of his toys from when he was a kid. They are fun to look at and enjoy.

Mac n' Janet said...

Love old toys, particularly trains!

Ryker said...

Chance is like Ryker, he loves any pet store!

Cynthia said...

I bet Chance looks really nice in red!
The old toys are fun and I especially like that red bus.

Anonymous said...

Your weather sounds very nice. Hi to Chance. I dislike going to Petco because of the cats up for adoption! I try not to look at them.

Rita said...

Petco sounds like the most fun in my book, but I know how FarGuy loves his trains. I always think of my mom's cousin. He had a train room in his basement where you had to duck down from right at the door to get in to the center control area. Kids were not allowed to touch anything without Brack being right there to supervise his treasures. So I do know a little about model trains because of him. They are fun, I must admit. ;) But I'd still prefer the pet store snakes and all. :)