Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dreary Scrapbook Days

Dreary Days are here in Minnesota.  I am still at the scrapbook retreat. 

The water at Lind Lake

This is the unfrozen creek/brook going out of Lind Lake headed to Lake Melissa.

The wind was cold on Saturday.  We all went out for breakfast and then shopping at Ben Franklin..buying more paper..of course what would scrappers buy anyway?

Many of the girls took a special class on the Gypsy and the Cricut. (Scrapbooking tools for the elite.) Which is way to confusing for my old brain..so I will leave that technology to the younger gals. 

With Jen’s help we were able to load all of my scrapbook software onto my laptop, eventually when I get to a point ..some point off in the distance not clearly defined..I will switch to digital scrapbooking. A world where my papers are all virtual and instead of packing up paper, stickers, books..etc.. I will just grab my laptop.  In the meantime I have lots of paper and stickers to use up. 

I have a very small amount of paper “stash” compared to many of the girls at this retreat..some of them are real paper hoarders and have said out loud that perhaps they need an intervention.  One gal has so much “stuff” she stores it in her van and is looking for insurance to cover all her supplies just incase they are stolen or damaged. Uffda

Scrapbooking has changed over the last two years..that was the last time I was at a retreat.  Most of these gals ..me included use Creative Memories supplies..they introduced a new tape runner that actually works and have finally made a true 12 x 12 inch album.  Times are a changing:)

Blog Signature (2)

11 comments:

lisa said...

Sounds like things are going pretty good. Going to college still hasn't made me anymore computer elite than before ;(

DJan said...

I hope you share on here what you create in the class, so I can understand scrapbooking a bit better. It's a mystery to me. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll be anxious for you to share with us.

Muffy's Marks said...

Are we going to see any of your creations? I hope so!! Be careful driving home, the storm's a coming!!!

Beth said...

I would love to see what you have done so far!

Red said...

With everything things grow and change. Amazing to me that scrap booking is now digital but then I've never been into scrap booking.

Nancy said...

I use my blog to "scrapbook."

Leah said...

Sounds like a productive time - I would have to be way to organized to get all my stuff together to go to a retreat! -- I missed you at Ben Franklin yesterday I was there too looking for glitter (bought it all) and other project stuff... have a great Sunday!

RURAL said...

You sound like you are having fun. I had to laugh at the scrapper that has her paper in a van, ummmm I know that feeling.

Jen

Lynda said...

Please tell me I will have time to catch up on my scrapbooking when I retire - - - please!!!! I love looking at the few books I do have done.

Sam I Am...... said...

What fun! I never got into scrap booking but always sort of had the urge and I occasionally bought supplies just in case. I loved some of the papers and stickers. I wanted to make my own cards but now I have no one to send them to! LOL!
I am going to post...this week sometime or you can email me and I'll email it back about a Christmas village made with "scrapbook stash" and it is really pretty and well done, I thought. I won't do it this year but maybe before next Christmas!