Monday, July 6, 2009

Chance: The Pee-raid

Come on along to the pee-raid! A behind the scenes look!

Far Guy is on the All School Reunion Committee, the reunion will not take place until 2010. He volunteered to do some advertising. He ordered magnetic signs and borrowed a car from his Uncle. It was a 1969 Mustang convertible.

He found two likely candidates to ride with him, me and Far Side, everyone else turned him down. Some people just wanted to watch the parade..not be in it! It was hot, the black seats were great heat storage units. We waited as long as we could in the shade, outside of the car. Far Guy had never been in a parade before, Far Side was in Marching Band years ago, she said it would be the usual hurry up and wait event.

There were some famous people there, this guy who makes great french fries..

Now who is this? ? Someone that the paparazzi at District 2B's Representative Brita Sailer's float in front of us went nuts over.

Our friend Ray... I think they liked his Uniform..It fit right in with their sailing theme. Far Guy says that Ray is a hero everytime he plays Taps at Military Funerals.

Finally it was our turn to join in the pee -raid. I growled and barked at other dogs a few times, but I looked appropriately handsome when small children hollered "Look at that doggie! " .. Where?? Where is that doggie.. I could never find him. I got bored in the back seat, I was on a leash, that was Far Side's idea..so was the training collar.. she has more control of me that way. Women and control. I finally just crawled into her lap, all fifty-five pounds of me, now who is in control? When I stand in her lap, she can rest her chin on my back..it is real cozy. She said between me and the Jack Pine savage wool cap she had on, and the black seats and the sunshine ..she was one huge hot flash. When we got to the end of the pee-raid we just kept on going..oh the feel of the wind in your hair..there is nothing quite like an afternoon spent in a convertible:)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chance, That yellow convertible looks good with you in it!!!

Becca's Dirt said...

That sounds so good. I wouldn't have stopped either. Mustangs - I have always wanted a 67 red convertible. But I love all old cars. Love Chance - Buddy sends an Arf-Arf.

Emma Rose said...

Hi Chance!
Sounds like you had a nice pee-raid. I bet you were the star of the show! You sure look good in that car :)
Far Guy must have done ok with the wind if you just kept going afterwards. That's good. (unless of course you put him in the trunk!)

kisses,
Emma Rose

Girl Tornado said...

What fun, except for the hot part. I think I would have melted. Driving fast after the parade to strike up a breeze was probably a good idea!

(You look pretty danged handsome in that yellow convertible, Chance!)

Rae said...

Chance,
You are the parade buddy. You should have been grand marshall.

g said...

Geez...saw those double set back head lights and I knew...69 Ford Mustang. Get this...married Jan 69...close to broke, so what do we do in April of 69...why of course...buy a NEW 351 Ford Mustang...not even of age, no less! What a beaut. Loved that car (convertible would have made it really perfect). I bet you had a blast in that car, what fun for you. I liked you comment on bands and hurry up and wait, did years of that in Don's marching band. Chance, you sure are a handsome pup! g

Leah said...

Great pic of Chance and his master--

Anonymous said...

Sounds hot, but fun anyway!

Very funny post, Chance! Did you stick your tongue out as you were driving along in that fabulous car?

Debbie said...

Oh Chance you are quite a writer...you take right after Far Side I think...she's taught you well. You people really know how to put on a Pee-raid out there! It reminds me of our annual Clam Festival we had in Yarmouth every year growing up. My brothers always had old cars in the parade. I rode on the firetrucks as a kid.

DayPhoto said...

I can understand the ONE HUGE HOT FLASH thing very well.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

LOL... looks like an extgravaganza... pup looks perfect too

gp