Tuesday, July 17, 2018

What is it?

What is this container?  What is your best guess?

It was at the Fair.  I like seeing what the 4-H kids come up with for projects.

IMG_0806

It is quite large.  I see it got a Reserve Champion ribbon.

Well it is a Fire Pit.

IMG_0808

See the birch logs inside and a string of Christmas lights for an effect!  It is made from a dryer drum from inside a clothes dryer. I learned that cloths dryer and washing machine drums can be used to make a fire pit.  Commercial washer drums are in high demand for this project.

Who knew?

Blog Signature

18 comments:

Cynthia said...

It's great to see something repurposed rather than ending up in the landfill. Smart kid!

linda m said...

How ingenious the person was.

DJan said...

How original! :-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Interesting!

Betsy said...

Now that is a great idea!
Blessings, Betsy

Shirley said...

Clever!

Henny Penny said...

Oh my! Could this be the answer to my search for a little heater to use at the playhouse?? Poppy says a little cast iron potbellied stove would rust away.

Lynda said...

Very very clever. First I have heard of that.

Tired Teacher said...

Interesting. . .this is the first time I've seen anything like this.

Rita said...

Brilliant idea! I love seeing new ways of recycling. :)

Red said...

I guess it teaches kids come idea if making do with what you have.

Granny Marigold said...

Very inventive. I wish we could have fire pits out here but the air quality is such that all fires are banned, even fire pits ( although we do have a propane one. Just not the same.)

Karen said...

I should have looked at the size of the rosette to get an idea on the size of it. I was picturing it as much smaller!

goodnightgram said...

I agree with Cynthia" I love that it was repurposed. Very clever! Thanks for sharing.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I had no idea what it was

Linda Reeder said...

Great idea.

Terry and Linda said...

Great Idea

Sam I Am...... said...

The ribbon must be big as it looked like a miniature but dryer drums are big so it must be big to be a fire pit. Nice looking too. Great idea!