Monday, July 23, 2018

A Visit With Faye

I got a call from an old friend.  I went over and we bounced around in her golf cart on her 240 acres looking at areas that were logged off and her recently disced CRP land.  She has become quite the land steward after her husband’s death.  She has four properties and some are in better repair than others.

IMG_0954

The barn has a new coat of paint.

IMG_0962

Since the logging you now have a view of this pothole.

We saw deer and a partridge on the trails…no bear thank goodness she has a bear with two cubs that visits.

About half way through our trail ride Faye said “I couldn’t get the gas cap off to check the gas, so we might have to walk if we run out of gas.” About that time the bugs were getting bad and I envisioned a long hike back to the farm…but we made it back just fine.

IMG_0953 

We toured all her flowers and her Rudbeckia was very impressive.  We had a good visit.

Blog Signature

18 comments:

linda m said...

I love visiting with old friends. Glad you were able to go over and visit with her. The bed of Rudbeckia is pretty.

paulinepersing.38.gmail.com said...

I'm glad the two of you didn't have to hike back amid the bugs. Hope your friend figures out how to get that gas cap off.

DJan said...

Sounds like it was a fun excursion. I too am glad you didn't have to walk back in skeeter-land. :-)

Lady Fi said...

What a lovely area!

Tired Teacher said...

What fun! I admire Faye's stewardship of the land: it's not easy when you're alone.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Fun!

Val Ewing said...

That is fantastic. I am slowly taking over our land management and I think I am doing a pretty good job with pasture rotation and other things. Kudos to her!
I need to plant some rudbeckias!

Terry and Linda said...

Amazing! Good for your friend. Land management is a full-time on-going never ending job.

Karen said...

Faye sounds like a real gas! ;-) Glad she is looking after the land, not enough people do.

Patsy said...

That was nice, thanks for taking us along.

Rita said...

Sounds like quite an adventure. So glad you had enough gas! :)

Betsy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I’m glad you didn’t run out of gas and have to walk, but it looks like it was beautiful scenery to walk in if it became necessary.
Blessings, Betsy

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad she had enough gas to get you back to her place.
Lovely Rudbeckias!!

Henny Penny said...

I love those flowers! I would have been worried to death about running up on that mama bear with two cubs. Oh, and especially about running out of gas. :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

This sounds like fun, not my type of fun but fun anyway

Linda Reeder said...

I can see it - two old gals bouncing around in the golf cart, checking out the back 40, talkin' and catchin' up. Sounds good.

Red said...

Always good to get out and roam around some natural habitat.

Sam I Am...... said...

240 acres? Heaven! And the money to maintain it is nice too.