Monday, November 13, 2017

Grands: Paige

Last Saturday we traveled to see Paige play with her team The St Kate Wildcats against The Concordia Cobbers.

Paige

Paige (2)

Paige is number 15

Paige skating

near the net

Near the net!

Sadly the Wildcats scored only one goal to the Cobbers two goals.  It was still a fun game to watch.

Paige in line to shake hands

Paige in line to shake hands after the game.

We got to see her for a few minutes before she boarded the bus back to the cities.  I asked her what she was going to do on the bus…sleep was the answer.

She also got to see her nephew Mikey for just a little bit.

Paige and Mikey

Mikey watched the game and was especially interesed in the Zamboni…typical for a little boy!

Blog Signature

14 comments:

linda m said...

It is so nice that you are able to watch the grandkids in their activities. My grandson lives too far away to be able to do this. Mikey sure is cute.

Phyllis Pritchard said...

Yes, Mikey is a cutie! We like to go watch my great-niece in her sports, it is fun, but hard when they lose.

Red said...

Women's hockey is one of the few sports I'm interested in. It's wide open with lots of action up and down the ice.

Andrea said...

Beautiful!!

troutbirder said...

A true STATE OF Hockey girl and a cutie besides...:)

Karen said...

Mikey is cute!! Kind of miss watching the soccer games our kids were involved in....Nice that you can watch Paige play her sport.

Linda Reeder said...

I love that photo of Paige and Mikey!
I'm intrigued - what are "Cobbers"?

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is the name of Concordia in Moorhead Minnesotas Sports Team.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Like cobs of corn...Cobbers!

Intense Guy said...

I too, want to drive the Zamboni!

DJan said...

I think hockey is an interesting game for women and girls to play. When I was young, I never heard of such a thing, but it makes sense that women can play just as well as men. Do they also get into donnybrooks? :-)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love hockey- how absolutely fabulous that your granddaughter gets to play! Score one for the women! Mikey is adorable and like some of the others I would love to drive the Zamboni!

L. D. said...

You wonder what they are thinking when the become fascinated with machines. Our first grandson loved watch the garbage trucks and construction work on the street.

Sam I Am...... said...

So glad you got to see her play...too bad they didn't win but as they say 'you can't win them all'. Cute picture of Mikey with Paige.
My grandson, Grayson went to a free hockey intro for kindergarten kids? Sam was too old but not Grayson. Amy said he loved it and he laughed every time he fell down! That's the spirit!