Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Little things

Far Guy has been vacuuming up beads for days.  When I am sorting for a project…beads may get away and end up on the floor.

cords and glasses

I love all the new eye glass cords that I made.  I wear a different set every day.  I had a request for a “manly set of cords”  a fellow from carving admired my newest creation and asked if I could make him a pair. ( Nothing sparkly!) Sure…next week I will deliver it.

for a friend

The beads have been sorted and they are on my desk. Manly colors: browns blacks tan. I hope it works up okay.

My desk is full again…I have about four projects going at once. Three beading projects (with another tucked up in my mind) and some odds and ends that will end up as cards.

IMG_6906 

Watercolor paper stamped, then colored with Prismacolor pencils, a bit of Gamsol blends the colors together and I finish them off with a little sparkle…I got a bit carried away with the glitter glue on that one butterfly.

IMG_6907

I finished a few watercolor Fall cards and I must make a few more wintery ones soon.  I like doing different techniques.

I went back to woodcarving.  My hand/wrist seems no worse for the activity.  The guys all noticed that I was going to carve again instead of work on bead projects or color on cards.  I am carving the little cottonwood bark houses….one of my favorite things to carve.

Blog Signature

18 comments:

linda m said...

You really have been busy. I love your eye glass cords and the watercolor Fall card. Glad to hear you are also back to woodcarving.

Kansas Kay said...

You are very creative! The cards are beautiful! Glad you are back to woodcarving, I must send a photo of your cottonwood bark house on my entry table. Love it!

Dreaming said...

I love all of your projects. What a perfect thing to do to keep hands busy! I haven't tried using Gamsol.... do you dip the pencil points in it?

Pauline Persing said...

Glad your hand is doing better. If yours is like mine was it will keep on getting better for the next few months. I like to see your projects. Life has been busy here so my projects are still in my mind.

Shirley said...

Good to hear that your hand is much better. Now don't overdo the carving!

Tired Teacher said...

Nice projects! I'm delighted to hear your hand feels good enough to carve again.

Mac n' Janet said...

Nice looking cards. Take it easy on you hand.

MTWaggin said...

Wow you HAVE been busy and I love the eyeglass cords. Great idea and how cool one of the guys wants one! Thanks for checking in on us as well and yes, stay off Pinterest! It is evil - haha.

Far Side of Fifty said...

No I cut up small squares of white felt put them in a small container and poured Gamsol over them. Then I take make up small cotton swabs from walmart and dip them into the container and then apply to my work. Gamsol is a great blender for Prismacolor pencils.

Terry and Linda said...

You are amazingly talented! I love all your projects!

Red said...

Variety is the spice of life. You've got enough variety to keep things interesting for a long time.

Rita said...

You're carving again--whoohoo! What fun to wear a different string of beads every day on your glasses. I hope you take a picture of the glasses cord you make for the carving guy so we can see it. I like the colors you picked out for him. And I like the cards you've colored...especially the flowers in the jar one. You've been very busy! :)

marlu said...

Beautiful work!

Linda W. said...

You can never have too many projects!

Linda Reeder said...

What wonderful projects you have. Everything is beautiful.
So glad you can carve again. It has been a very long healing process for you.

Andrea said...

I love it when I hear/read of people doing "art"... whatever form that takes for them. It is so good for the mind, body and spirit. xoxo

Karen said...

Wow, you are a busy and artistic lady, and a productive one at that! Glad you hand is cooperating!

Sam I Am...... said...

You have been very creative and productive! I love your cards especially the scarecrow one. Did you draw it? The cords are gorgeous....they are jewelry for sure. I used to wear one but my glasses kept banging on the edges of my desk etc. and took too much of a beating so I had to give it up.