Saturday, November 4, 2017

End of the week

I have six more Christmas Cards to create.  I packaged up all the Christmas Ornaments to mail or deliver later this month.  Yeah me, soon I can work on other projects!

We had a clinic appointment, they should make those places fragrance free as Far Guy had difficulty breathing after his appointment…it took about an hour for him to feel “normal” again after we left the building.

We visited one of our favorite antique shops…a few old photos were purchased and a woody station wagon with a surfboard that will find a place near the train set.

Deer Hunting Season starts today.

I hunted early.  No license needed.

deer on Oct 31

These two were eating along the back road last Tuesday when I drove by they just looked at me, so I rolled down my window and snapped a few photos.

We still have snow…and more is forcast for the weekend.  Old Man Winter has arrived.  I thought maybe he was just making an early visit but it sounds like he may be staying….the bum anyways.

Blog Signature

13 comments:

Cynthia said...

The second one is pretty well camouflaged. I hope they survive hunting season just around the corner.

DJan said...

We have snow on the ground, too. And cold weather for us, maybe not so cold for you. This was an early winter blast. I had to look long and hard to find that second deer you shot (with your camera, that is). :-)

Red said...

Winter is here for sure. We'll just have to get used to it and quit complaining.

Mac n' Janet said...

We want to start building a train set and have started looking at train engines.

Martha said...

Stay warm and have a great weekend! :)

Karen said...

One day when we walked around the block with the dogs (about a mile around) we saw 9 deer in the neighbour's field when we walked past. In 30 years that is a record. Then when we driving home that evening from a Craigslist pickup, 3 deer crossed the road in front of us just above our driveway. 12 in one day, all within a 1/4 mile of home.
You've gotta to give the 'bum' a swift kick! We got snow on Thurs. night. Mostly gone, maybe a bit more today, and then back to our more usual rain next week.

Terry and Linda said...

Terrible wind here 40 m.p.h. and there is still corn standing in the field. We are at a dead stop...bad weather does not make for a good harvest.

Rita said...

They should ask for public places to be fragrance free, but that will probably be a long time coming. Leah has asthma and has a difficult time sometimes in public places. Especially somewhere like that where you have to sit and wait for a long time. I never thought about it until Leah came into our lives. I never wear perfumes or even scented hand lotions anymore and watch what I use with household cleaners and such, too. Poor FarGuy!

The deer will be hiding out for a while. Been cold enough that what little snow we have gotten has not really totally melted. Seems like winter is here early--yup. Good thing you got your measuring stick in the ground before it is frozen solid. ;)

Granny Marigold said...

Zero here this morning ( Celsius) and we had some snow flurries with some more forecast. It's early for us to have any snow so hopefully we'll be back to rain soon. Better yet sunshine but that may be asking for too much.

Tired Teacher said...

Went to a retreat in the mountains today - egads, 25+ inches of the white stuff. I hope I didn't bring any home with me.

Linda Reeder said...

I prefer hunting with a camera.
I find that now that I no longer buy scented products, that I am bothered by strong scents that waft out from people as the walk by. Men's fragrances are the worst. Why do we think it's necessary smell like anything but clean?

Sam I Am...... said...

I saw the radar and all your snow! With more coming! My daughter was disappointed they didn't get any in Iowa....we both love snow. Could Far Guy wear a mask when he's out in public? Would that help?

thecrazysheeplady said...

That's the only way I could hunt them too.