Saturday, October 22, 2016

Vanes and Fall Projects

We have a whole bunch of windmill vanes in the grain bin.  They are from long ago and a farmstead in North Dakota.

They may be a project for next summer.
Windmill Blades
Earlier this fall we saw this just leaning up against a tree and we both liked it.

Yesterday LumberMason and I dug up, moved and stacked a whole bunch of landscape bricks that were all around one of the old gardens. We were working really hard and getting tired… then the reinforcements came in Mason’s Mom and his sister, many hands make for lighter work. I think the blocks weigh about 20 pound each, I am tired.  It will make that wild garden easier to mow in the fall.  I will put the blocks up for sale.

The kitchen and bathroom are tore apart as we are trying to string the cable for the computers.  If I look on the bright side I will have some cabinets cleaned before winter. But what a mess…we barely had room to eat at the dining room table last night. Chance is certain we are doing something drastic as his dog food has been moved out of the cabinet and it is sitting against a wall…he doesn’t like change either.

Update: The cable reached it’s destination and we have great Internet Speeds!!  Yeah for us old folks!! We came out of the utility room along the top of the kitchen cabinets, down inside a cabinet, then out the cabinet back wall through the wall into a bathroom cabinet and from there through the wall into the Living Room.  For awhile there I was wondering if I might have to get real creative disguising a cable wire with twinkly lights running through the kitchen into the living room.  I am relieved that this project is done.
Blog Signature

16 comments:

Cynthia said...

Twinkly lights, that would be a creative solution! I love the old windmill top leaning against the tree. Not sure what it is about a windmill but I also just love seeing the few that are left on the horizon as we travel.
Rest up this weekend!

Tom said...

WOW, so many projects.

DJan said...

Fantastic! It takes a lot of determination and help, and there you go, things get done. Hoisting bricks makes my back hurt, just thinking about it. :-)

still the lucky few said...

I'm constantly amazed at the projects you undertake! That must be what's keeping you young!

Tired Teacher said...

WaHoo now, you should have reliable internet speed.

Paula said...

You area being really busy. Makes me feel even lazier!!

Red said...

Installing something in a finished area is a lot of work and much more work than we thought it would be.

Rita said...

Yes, the very idea of hoisting 20 lb bricks made me almost feel the (extra) back pain sitting here in my kitchen--whew! Many hands was a blessing. So glad you managed to string the wiring through the house--tada! In my last apartment I had to have cable strung all the way around my dining room and living room and under the porch door. Dumb that they only had internet or cable hookup on one particular spot in the entire huge room. Enjoy the warmth of the 50s this weekend!! :)

Country Gal said...

Lots of hard work and projects going on at your place . Glad you got your internet all fixed up . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Anonymous said...

Great news about the cable speed! Poor Chance is like the rest of us. He doesn't like his routine altered!
John has always wanted one of those windmills!

Granny Marigold said...

So glad you got that internet problem solved. And all the bricks removed.

Anonymous said...

Yea! You got your internet speed problem fixed! Glad you got help with the bricks. Beautiful day here!

L. D. said...

I have helped install cables in our school so many times. As the cables types changed we had to do it again. Our cable guys, nice guys, had to crawl under out art gallery crawl space to bring in the fiber optics. I could have done it but some one was paying him to do it so I just watched. You will find ways to cover the wire as you live with it. It should make your life more pleasant for sure.

Linda W. said...

I just love windmills! Wish we had a few more around here.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

The windmills are so pretty! Yes bright side is cleaned out cabinets, and fast internet!

Sam I Am...... said...

Wow! That was a lot of work and yes, I imagine quite a mess too and moving things out of cupboards all over the house. Pat yourselves on the back! Necessity has us still in the game! Congrats!