Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Thursday September 24th Happenings

 We are safely back at home.  We were gone for 6 days.  

We began last Thursday(Sept 24th) after Far Guy's Infusion meeting up with my sister Julie after she dropped Lolli off at a Local Doggie Hotel.

We drove to Mandan North Dakota and took a break at the North Dakota's Veteran's Cemetery. 


It is a beautiful spot high on a hill.


We knew just about where Far Guy's best friend Gary was buried.  We attended his funeral in Fargo and the service high on this ND hill back in 1993.  Gary died of an aneurysm, he lived a few days long enough to be a donor.  I am certain he touched many lives as a donor, as much as he touched our lives as a very good friend.  We like to stop and honor Gary's memory when we are going through Mandan. 

We traveled further West after our stop. 

We met up with daughter Jen and Son in law Andy at a Pub to eat supper in Dickinson ND after that we settled into an Air B&B that would hold lots of family. 

We had a huge Suite with an adjoining bathroom.  We were ready for some sleep!

Far Side

9 comments:

  1. Those veteran cemeteries are special places. I'm glad you were able to stop and pay your respects again. My maternal grandparents are buried at Fort Snelling but I haven't been back there in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were in for a good trip. Looking forward to reading more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to get out in the world. We have lost so many good men and women. I give the honor.

    You got to meet up with Jen, too. Whoopee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet trip you all were able to take. Very touching to be able to visit FG's friends grave. I know you had a great time, but it is always wonderful to get back to our own beds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great trip! What a lovely cemetery. Glad you were able to visit Gary. The weather looks spectacular. Can't wait to hear more about the Air BnB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that you could find your friend's grave in that very large cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I've been to Mandan. For three years I lived on the ND and Saskatchewan border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LD...We have a Veterans Cemetery west of Des Moines that is so great to have. It hasn't been there than long and yet I do know of a number of people buried there. You are having an adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie