Tuesday, September 8, 2026

School

 Two of our Great Grandchildren started school last Tuesday.  The Minnesota School that they go to started before Labor Day.  I believe all School Boards could vote on starting before Labor Day since Labor Day fell so late in September this year.

Hey Mikey is in 4th grade and Cee Cee is in 1st grade

They are growing up way too fast!  I got a after school report that they both liked their teachers and they thought school lunch was great!  Hey Mikey switched schools from North Dakota to Minnesota and he was happy to find out that an old classmate had moved also.

We hope they have a wonderful school year.

Far Side

15 comments:

  1. Many years ago, our state relented and let children start much earlier as long as the State Fair was over with. So my remaining child will be starting her third week this morning. I don't mind because it means she will get out a lot earlier in spring when the weather is still nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in Minnesota we always started school after Labor Day. We were told it has more to do with the State Fair than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fresh new school year is always exciting. Hope it's a great year for them. Starting school before Labor Day has been OK now for decades here in SD. It's interesting how many states still work around their State Fairs for school starting dates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a kid, in NYS, we began school after Labor Day, but went into June. When I began teaching I was so surprised that schools in SC began in August. Some years I was already into my school year by August 15!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schools here in the Seattle area started before Labor Day too. As it is they won't get out until the middle of June.
    It's fun to see your littles. At our family gathering Sunday we had no littles. I am getting some photos from some littles in my family that live on the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those young scholars! Lunch is the most important and friends a close second. It sounds like Hey Mikey is all set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to hear they liked their school and their teachers. It’s important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness gracious, the time is passing so quickly. Wishing them both a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To me it sounds like a weird time of the year for school to be starting

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's always that mandatory photo on the first day of school. I have one of me in 1946

    ReplyDelete
  11. School used to start before Labour Day just for one morning so the teachers could rearrange their classes if that was necessary. Then after the long weekend supposedly they were all ready to go ( although it rarely seemed to work that way). There were always kids that had not been registered.
    Nice that Mikey knows at least one kid in his new school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I have coworkers spread across the province - some of their kids started before Labour Day and some after - so weird! And the board here had a PA day yesterday - so we are just seeing the kids walk to the bus today

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute Great Grands!! All the schools districts around us also started before Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie