Friday, September 11, 2026

Remember

 Another year down...twenty-five to be exact.


Far Side

9 comments:

  1. I think almost every American adult can remember exactly where we were when the news broadcast of the plane hitting the first tower. Times have changed drastically since that time. May we never forget! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can close my eyes and it still feels like last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we never forget. xo, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can still remember every moment of that day. Where I was sitting. What I was doing. I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are pretty. I remember too. It’s the most frightened I’ve ever been. I thought of my Daddy hitting the beach on Iwo Jima. I decided to be brave as he was. One chick wanted me to cover her class so she could fill up her car with gas. There was a run on gas. I said what are you going to do when that tank runs out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as I live, I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. School started here on the west coast at 8:30. I had been working for weeks before that day setting up our reading program, for which I was the coordinator. I left home knowing only that the first tower had been hit. At school I was touching base with all of the teachers and preparing for the arrival of my first grade group. Somewhere along the way I heard that a second tower had been hit. I thought about all the people dying. Then my 20 first grade reading strugglers arrives and the next 90 minutes were all consuming. The news was on the way back back burner. At the recess break I had time to go to the bathroom and ask what had happened. I heard that the tower had collapsed, but I had to get back to set up for my 4,5,6 reading strugglers. Another all consuming 90 minutes went by with no news and no mention of what was happening.
    At lunch I had enough time to hear about the towers collapsing and people jumping out of windows and death and destruction on the streets of New York, and then it was back to work.
    My the time got home sometime after 5:30 I had so completely suppressed the events of the day that I never did really experience it all. In fact I never have really processed it. I followed the news, but it was just news.
    Maybe that was a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remembering all who lost their lives in NYC 25 years ago today. A young woman was on her first trip to New York City for a meeting on the 92nd Floor of the North Tower that morning. She was from a small town in Wisconsin....and newly engaged to be married. She was nervous about going to the big city for a meeting. I just read the book her family wrote, called "Just a few sleeps away" by Mike Nichols. A good story but so sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie