Same old same old. My stomach is still iffy...I am keeping a food diary.
My diet is pretty boring. Apples, Bananas, Rice, Gluten Free toast and baked chicken. Oh yes Metamucil and Activia yogurt who could forget...gag a maggot.
Sherbet made me go into a tailspin. I checked the facility and they say wheat is present in the same facility..so could be cross contamination...who really knows for sure.
I did some more sorting and organizing of wood for carving.
What's Cooking: Rice, chicken and pork chops.
Minnesota weather: High 69F or 21C Low 49F or 9C We will have one more 80F day then we are headed into the 60's for highs the next week or so.
Far Side
THANK YOU for the Apple Pancake Recipe yesterday. I printed it and will make it probably within the week.
ReplyDeleteSomething about GF is it sometimes seems to give worse reactions than other allergies - - and those reactions can be wicked. I have to do smaller portions of dairy - - but that began with the Alpha Gal. And I can only do a couple a day. Some days something might be fine and other days not. There's not always a rhyme or reason. I wonder if sugar is a culprit sometimes, too. Praying you have an easy time figuring it out.
Ps - - I will bake chicken in a covered dish with a bit of water, chicken bullion, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, and olive oil - - a TBLSP or two - - - gives some substance to it - - a healthy fat. Dump sliced carrots and a bag of frozen cut green beans in there, too. You can add celery if you want. Something about the olive oil makes a difference - - and I don't even like olive oil in a salad but do in cooking. Of course you may only be able to add the green beans right now. I don't eat the cooked celery but my husband does.
And I can tell you are definitely feeling better than last week from the easy writing on the blog!
The elimination process is a long arduous undertaking. Turns out my buggaboo was onions, which are in EVERYTHING. My youngest daughter and brother in law have the same sensitivity. I'd never heard of it until the last five or so years.
ReplyDeleteWho could have expected to find wheat could be contaminating sherbet?? That is really strange. Hopefully you will gradually be able to add more interesting foods into your diet again.
ReplyDeleteTerry has lived on a Gluten-Free diet for 19 years now. It was hard at first. But I have the swing of it now. And yes you have to read everything. Maltodextrin, Dextrin, and many other things are really gluten. But no one tells you. I was also surprised that they sometimes put flour in Orange Juice. Sucks.
ReplyDeleteSo cool there. Still nearly100 down south.
ReplyDeleteSorry the Sherbet made you sick.
Makes me wonder about our food sources. A younger me never remembers so many people having big issues and I never heard of gluten problems. I can still my grandmother's table ...all home grown foods and even the chickens were raised in the backyard. Hope you can get this all straightened out Connie...
ReplyDeleteI had lunch with my 99 year old friend in her senior living complex today. I can't live there. I can't eat their food. I had some plain lettuce salad with some hunks of cucumber and cauliflower, and a little jello and some "spiced peaches" which were not good. DeeDee, on the other hand, can eat everything. Not fair.
ReplyDeleteI do hope your tummy issues can be resolved soon. Especially when you have to eat things you don't enoy. Activia vanilla yogurt is actually a fave of mine. ;)
ReplyDeleteYour diet sure does sound boring. Too bad about the sherbet.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you have had stomach issues. I wish you a rapid recovery.
ReplyDeleteHope you get it figured out and find things to eat that you actually like.
ReplyDelete