Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Monday project

 The old wedding gown/baptismal gown.

It has survived 4 of our Great Grandchildren's baptisms.

Now it is needed for a wedding...seems they want to display all the grandma's and mother's wedding gowns.  When they heard that mine had been made into a baptismal gown they decided they wanted it anyway.  

Monday morning I got it out and steamed it the best I could...that 56 year old satin fabric is not the easiest to work with. 

It will hang in the dining area off the old phone for a day or so before I gently fold it back in its box. I am certain it will still be a tad wrinkled by the time it is displayed.   Hopefully I will get some photos of the other gowns!



Minnesota weather:  Cool   High was 62F or 17C  Low was 44F or 7C   Fall has arrived! 

Far Side

16 comments:

  1. A wedding-turned-baptismal gown surviving four baby baptisms and now getting requested for a whole wedding gown display is such a beautiful piece of family history. Coaxing 56-year-old satin back into shape with a steamer is no small feat, Connie — hope it hangs in just long enough to relax before the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the wedding rings of my mother, grandmother, great grandmother and great grandmother. Someday I hope one of my two girls will inherit that collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat thing. I love that your kiddos appreciate the past and that they want to use it along with the gowns. What a wonderful Blessing not only for them but for you as well Connie. It is adorable and looks like it is in very good shape...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea that your dress has become a baptism gown, and used by so many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a neat idea to display other family members’ wedding gowns at a wedding. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tradition and what a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet idea for the wedding. So glad your wedding gown has been re-made over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought using your wedding gown as a baptismal gown was a wonderful way to reuse it.
    My wedding gown was cleaned and professionally packed away in a box 57 years ago and that box has never been opened. I wonder what shape it's in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress made a beautiful baptismal gown, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little gown is precious.your dress was put to use. I hope to see the others if you get a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That will be an interesting display! My kids displayed wedding pictures of parents and grandparents, but I have never seen the wedding gowns displayed. I think itis wonderful you made the baptismal gown from the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting idea for the wedding. Your dress made a lovely baptismal gown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I remember your beautiful Wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another wedding in the family is so great. I am anxious to see the wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a good idea to display the family wedding gowns. I love the little baptismal gown from yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie