Monday, September 14, 2026

Hopeful

We may have a clue to my tummy problems.  Day 21.  I am still on a very limited diet.  

 I did a bit of research on one of the medications I am on for blood pressure.  Olmesartan medoxomil can cause tummy troubles.  So I discontinued the medication and sent a message to my primary care Dr to see what he thinks.   The intense burning in my stomach is gone. My stomach is still sore.

Hopeful. 

Summer is most likely over.  The weather turned a tad chilly. 

Minnesota weather: High 65F or 18C  Low was 38F or 3C

We went out to our favorite patio place for lupper.  I had a hard shell taco...a margaritta with no alcohol...which is just lime flavored ice.

This week I have an appointment for a different kind of injection in my back...hopeful.

Far Side


15 comments:

  1. After weeks of such a limited diet even lime flavored ice would taste good. Could this be the answer for you? I sure hope so!! Good for you doing the research for yourself. One of my husband's friends has Huntington's (awful), and had been having stomach issues for months. His wife did some research and they discovered he had developed a dairy sensitivity. Within 2 days of eliminating dairy he was feeling so much better it was shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the doc can find a med that isn't as hard on your tummy. I'm sure your tummy needs to heal from the damage already done.
    Good luck with the injection too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather also turned into Open Window Season, love it!! Glad *you* found what appears to be causing your stomach pain. Whomever prescribed that med should have known/figured out the potential was there...proof we have to advocate for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super proud of you for doing the research to find the probable problem of your stomach pain. Some of my doctors don't take side effects seriously. A family friend and I were recently discussing that they don't understand that some of us actually have very strong sensitivities and allergies to things that never used to bother us before. Hers started with adrenal gland and thyroid issues. She is at least our age. Mine started with Alpha Gal and then GF. It's like dominoes falling sometimes when that happens. Thanks for the update! Praying for a better week ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having gone through a similar journey after becoming lactose intolerant, I can sympathize with you. Nothing is worse than eliminating everything that you love about eating and then slowly trying to figure out what works and how you are going to work around what doesn't going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy Oh boy - I sure do hope that medication was the issue!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of our health problems are caused by us. And every medicine has so many side effects. Surely they can give another bp med. I’m on a beta blocker to stop the heart palpitations. It makes me have less energy but the palpitations were frightening. I don’t like the felling of being tired.
    Wishing a better day is ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most doctors are quick to prescribe whatever Big Pharma tells them is the latest greatest, without even thinking about what the side effects are. There are several foods and herbs that can lower blood pressure; I would trust God's gifts before any financial motivated company.
    That being said, I hope you found the cause and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! You are getting a handle on things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some medications need to be taken with food, as they are hard on the stomach. I wish you all the best! I totally empathize with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meds can do some very strange things and sometimes the side effects are horrible. This would be a simple fix if this is what is causing the stomach problems. your Lupper sounds delicious. Oh how I wish we were even in the 80's. enjoy that good weather

    ReplyDelete
  12. LD...I am glad you have a clue of what it might be. I

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you for doing your own research. How can doctors possibly know everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope that injection has helped. Because my blog roll isn't updating I missed a number of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie