Far Guy and I have been thinking about a different vehicle. Although we like our Buick the seats are very uncomfortable in a longer (more than an hour) trip. After an hour I have to get out and walk around, my left leg and back get so sore that I have to move around.
Jen's vehicle has seats that support your whole leg up to your knee. Of course it is a larger vehicle...but hey I might be worth it.
So we have been talking and looking...thinking. Sunday we drove past the dealership and looked at vehicles...they had two red ones.
Finally yesterday we took the plunge. Took it for a test drive and talked with a salesman. We got the one without the moon roof.
It has what we needed ...comfortable heated seats and a heated steering wheel. It is a 2026 Ford Explorer.
It won't get as good of gas mileage as the Buick and it fills up the whole garage. We should be good for another three years.
Love me a red car!
Next week we have numerous Doctors appointments Up North so we will see how we like it for that trip.
Minnesota weather: High 79F or 26C Low 63F or 17C We have wildfire smoke again.
Far Side
We have had a Ford Explorer for a little over a year now and the ride has been good.. Just finished a 2200 mile round trip and neither of us had comfort problems. Noise level is very good. Hope you are as happy as we have been so far. Only complaint is that the hitch rattles when we pull the camper. It's a hitch problem not a car problem Best of luck.
ReplyDeletewow very nice....
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new vehicle! I like the red color. RHill, TX
ReplyDeleteEric has this rig. His is older but he likes it. I bet you like it too. You have to travel to appointments and up north. You need comfort. I think this was a great decision. I notice you didn’t get white that melts into the snow when viewed in winter. I’d never thought about a white car and snow country until you explained it to me.
ReplyDeleteYou’ll have to get used to parking a bigger rig but you’re probably good at that too. Happy travels.
Good for you both! We encounter the same thing with longer trips - - more than an hour. Your muscles will love those heated seats and of course your hands will, too this winter. You get brutal cold and those are almost necessities in your neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, I love it! I''ve been tentatively looking at the same vehicle. My CRV is a 2018 and in great shape so I really have no reason to exchange it though. I love the red color you chose. It definitely won't get lost in the snow!
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Looks good and we need a comfortable car when we get older, and I like the colour
ReplyDeletecongrats on the new car. Oh no...we don't have the smoke yet...hope it's not coming our way again. so awful to breath that in. Take care!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new car. 👏
ReplyDeleteYay!! congratulations on your new RED beauty. This is Sam's favorite color on a vehicle. He loves the red... Glad you got something that works for you both and will be comfortable on trips. Prayers for all the upcoming appointments.
ReplyDelete