Friday, July 31, 2026

Sunflowers and Seven Sticks

 The Sunflowers are just starting to bloom.


It was easy to stop by this field as it is off the beaten path....and there was an approach with a turn around...meant to be. 

Far Guy's fav Nurse is on vacation so his usual one stick for his IV became seven...uffda he looked like a pincushion when I picked him up. 

I ran the usual errands..Aldi, Walmart for the order pickup, Hugos for stuff Walmart didn't have, Walgreens and the Bank.  I made it in record time and was able to get 20 minutes of reading in the parking lot of the Clinic before Far Guy messaged me to pick him up.

We came home, unloaded the groceries put them away, had lunch and a nap. 

Minnesota weather: Hot  High 87F or 31C   Low 65F or 18C

It has been a very warm July...I wonder what August will bring? 

What's cooking?  Breakfast for supper; eggs, sausages and potatoes.

Far Side

13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the multiple pricks Far Guy had to endure. I have had some of those nurses or technicians also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Far Guy! I likely would have asked for a different nurse after the third stick...but I suppose that could have meant even more.
    Beautiful sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had August weather since May. It's horrid and hot and windy and terrible. I hope August starts a cool down. We are desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen an entire field of sunflowers. It surely looks magnificent.

    That new car may have made your errands easier to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch!! One would think the skilled nurse could teach the others how to figure out less pokes for his IV...Far Guy must have patience/high pain tolerance. I would have asked for a replacement. Perhaps there wasn't one. Hope his arm is not too sore from being repeatedly poked.

    You sure got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bah-humbug on all of those needle punctures. That's not fun at all. But good for you in being so quick with the errands. Gave you time to read which is always nice.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seven is excessive!!!! Poor guy. I started reading Marrying the Ketchups. - Chapter One finished and I love it so far. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The infusion messes up the whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe he can have a port put in while his regular nurse is on vacation.... 7 is a lot of jabs.
    Yay for getting lots done quickly in town.
    I love fields of sunflowers. I grow a few here for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely field of sunflowers. Sorry for FG enduring 7 pricks .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a new student nurse this spring that couldn't find the vein. Needless to say she thought she was digging for gold but she finally gave up and gave the nurse that passed by a code word so she took over. I was black and blue for over a week. If I see her again it's going to be a Nooooo!
    Poor farguy! I would not have stood for seven. Three was enough.
    We have a large field of Sunflowers down the road and it's beautiful.
    Way too hot here too. I don't know where the summer went but I'm looking forward to cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really did have some unusually hot days lately. 7 sticks is just horrible! Yummy fresh tomatoes - very little is tastier in the summer, unless it's Minnesota sweet corn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeesh...although I'm sure the nurse was horrified too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie