Thursday, July 30, 2026

Alrighty then

 The new vehicle was much easier on my back and legs as we traveled back and forth Up North to medical appointments. As with any new vehicle we have much to learn about the features.

Far Guy saw his Primary Care Doctor for a follow up after his hospitalization earlier this month.  He still has a nagging cough that is concerning so he will be on steroids for about a week.  Hopefully that will get rid of his cough.  Between the heat, humidity and wildfire smoke...good outside air is not here. 

I had test injections for a Medial Branch Block...my facet joints in my back are unhappy.   I did not have a good enough result to continue with another round of test injections.  You have to have 80% improvement and I only had about 60% improvement for the six hours that the test injections last for.  They have cancelled the tests in August ..so we are back to square one....or maybe it is square zero. 

Then I saw the Gastroenterologist to discuss my side duct intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (SD IPMN) on my pancreas.   It is considered precancerous.  Because of the size of the "cyst" (more than 5 cm) the Doctor recommends   1) MRI to watch what happens next  2) Referral to Mayo Clinic or the University of Minnesota  for surgery.   I have a MRI scheduled for the end of September and then we will evaluate the situation.  It is a nasty big surgery...many days in the hospital and a very long recovery.   I am not thrilled about that option. 

I had a video visit with my Rheumatologist...take prednisone he says ...he can do nothing for me. 

Yesterday was son in law Andy's birthday!  Now that is something to celebrate! 

Far Side


18 comments:

  1. Oh boy!!!! Sending you a huge HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man - those appointments just didn't bring you good news at all. I'm so sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I use half of all the features that are on my last vehicle and one fourth I probably still don't even know about! It'll be a year come October.

    Surgery is never something to look forward to or be thrilled about. But if it beats the other option, I'll do it for more years on this Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with you, Connie! Many Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between you and FG, you have quite a list of complications, maybe even more complicated than your new car. At least exploring the new car will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about all the health complications. One of my cousins told me after a certain age all health care is "Patch, patch, patch!" It is good that we are still around to enjoy bits of pleasures like birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, not much good news. But push on. Glad the car ride was better.

    Happy birthday to Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like the two of us are in the same boat on some things. My spine doctor has washed her hands of me too. Nothing more they can do since the ablation didn't work. I'm so sorry to hear of your issues but I know you. You'll just keep on plugging away, doing what you can. Ill be praying for you my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear your appointments didn't go as well as you would like. Hopefully the MRI will rule out the need for surgery.
    Happy Birthday to Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Andy!
    Sorry to hear about the test results. I would like to swear but all I will say is "poopy pants". I know you just keep truckin' but I sure wish you could catch a break. Darn test shots, darn pancreas, boo hiss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have made a diagnosis so I hope they can treat it successfully

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about those tests! It all sounds so complicated but hopefully you won't need the surgery.
    It's not been a good year for us either and we are exhausted but we have to keep going .
    Sending prayers for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear about the cyst on youor pancreas. How awful. I pray it will get better so you won't need the surgery. I will have surgery at Mayo in October, hope I won't see you there, friend. Take care you two. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We bought a Toyota Rav4 a couple of weeks ago. We find the seats are nowhere nearly as comfortable as our old Toyota Matrix. This is our 4th, or is it 5th?, Toyota vehicle. We never noticed a seat problem before....but....I recall that we went on a short road trip with our cousins from Michigan in their Rav4. We remembered the seats in retrospect. Not going to interfere with our opinion on this excellent vehicle though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry your appointments did not offer more favorable options {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure hope you dont have to get that major surgery.
    I get a cough every summer, I figure its from the AC.
    Kerping you and Gene in my prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uffda, wish they would have given you some better news. Still praying... Happy to hear that the new vehicle makes the long rides easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie