Saturday, November 18, 2017

Kitchen Window

It warmed up.  Well it is above freezing at 36 degrees or 2 C eh!  Warm enough to take the kitchen window apart get rid of the gross dead Asian Lady Beetles that are everywhere and properly wash a window. ( When it was window washing weather last Fall we were invaded by the horrid little bugs.)

close up of material

I have been waiting for the weather to warm up so I could do that project and hang up my new curtain…the valance that my Mother made me for my birthday.  The fabric is part of The 2017 Minnesota Quilt Project…but I saw the material and just knew it would make a really pretty valence in our kitchen.  This window also has blinds…hidden by the valance. Not that we use them very much…when it is really cold or really hot.

Loons and Lady Slippers

Of course one little project turns into a little bit bigger project as you go along.  My “stuff” on the ledge of the window needed a wash.

my rocks

My extra large ice cream bowl that is full of petrified wood and agates from Washington State and a gift from a friend is one of my favorite things….and a real dust catcher especially when the window is open.

loon and slipper in the window

Loon and Lady Slipper hangs in the window to discourage birds from flying into the window. Most of our snow has melted for the moment.

One window at a time….it is exercise for my bum hand.

the kitchen 

Far Guy was cooking his famous chip dip; a chili cheese italian sausage mixture as I finished up my project.  It was really yummy.

Blog Signature

22 comments:

Pauline Persing said...

Attractive kitchen.

Kansas Kay said...

The valance and big window look nice & What a beautiful kitchen! Love the pine!

Anonymous said...

Love your kitchen.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Your kitchen is lovely!

Mac n' Janet said...

I hate doing windows, wish I had a bum hand so I'd have an excuse not to instead of just being too lazy too. Like the valence.

Tired Teacher said...

Hmm, window washing is a task I often delay as long as I can.

Terry and Linda said...

Your poor hand! I was wondering how you are doing with it. Sounds like the healing is very slow. Darn it!

Shirley H. said...

I too think your kitchen is very attractive! I like all the windows.

Karen said...

The perfect fabric for your valance!! And matching accessories on the sill ;) Love the big window, I'm a window person, and one over the kitchen sink is an essential for me.

Gemma's person said...

I LOVE the cabinets and the curtain.

Rita said...

What a lovely kitchen! It is always nice to have kitchen windows. The valance looks good. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice Guy gonna share his recipe for the yummy dip? Pretty fabric for your window. Happy Saturday!

Dawn said...

Love nice clean windows!

Cynthia said...

That fabric is so perfect for your home! It's fun to get a peek at your kitchen. I don't remember seeing it before.

Paula said...

My neighbor was out washing her windows yesterday. It was 72* here. Today is 51*

Red said...

Keep busy and you won't notice the winter weather.

Granny Marigold said...

I liked having a peek at your kitchen. It looks very cozy.

Far Side of Fifty said...

1 pound Italian Sausage browned, then add I brick of Philly Cream Cheese a can of Hormel Chili without beans and about 1 pound of Velveeta cheese add Jalapeno Peppers if you like them...we do so I fine chop a bunch. He doesn't even need a recipe anymore...the grands love this dip. :)

Anonymous said...

Yum! Thanks for taking the time to reply. If your grands love it, then GN might too.

Linda Reeder said...

I love your little treasures!

L. D. said...

You have a great looking kitchen. The valence does work well. We are still replacing curtains for the former owners. We are taking our time and do it when we find just what we want. We have windows that won't get washed at the two story level until I get the ladder moved to the new place.

Sam I Am...... said...

I love your kitchen and your new valance looks wonderful! I have yet to wash my windows....they may not get washed this year....I'm slipping!