Friday, June 23, 2017

Hey Mikey : 4 weeks old

We traveled North to see Mikey one afternoon last week.  He is four weeks old today, according to his sweet Mama he eats, sleeps, poops, pees and keeps her busy.  He weighs about ten pounds now.  He is almost out of newborn clothing and into the 0-3 months size.  Maddies says she thinks his legs are scrunched in the newborn size.

Hey Mikey

Hey Mikey you are 26 days old!

Far Guy and I both held him…he was a little fussy.  I put some socks on him and wrapped him up in a warm fuzzy blanket, he had the last ounce of a bottle, I was rewarded with a huge burp and he fell asleep.  In his sleep he smiled, but of course I didn’t get that on camera.

It has been my experience over the years that a warm baby is a happy sleepy baby.  With Jennifer I warmed her bassinet with a heating pad before I put her down to sleep. I often used those old fashioned kimonos that had flaps on the sleeve so that you could cover up their fingers. Socks were a must.  I know it is summer but babies just have a hard time regulating their body temperature if they are warm they stay warm but if they are cold they stay cold and cranky.

Mikey 26 days old

Looking at his Great Grandpa!

Mikey asleep

Asleep courtesy of Great Grandma.

What fun to snuggle with this tiny baby boy.  Such a precious gift from God.

Blog Signature


18 comments:

Cynthia said...

So precious. And obviously you haven't lost your touch!

Kansas Kay said...

He is perfect! Good advice about keeping them warm!

linda m said...

He is such a sweet looking little boy. Nothing in this world beats holding a little baby and getting to snuggle with them. Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing pictures of Mikey with us.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congratulations to the entire family on this precious new arrival. There's nothing more beautiful than a sleeping baby!

DJan said...

What a sweetheart, and your pictures make me want to snuggle with him, too. :-)

marlu said...

A beautiful baby boy! So glad you get to enjoy him..

Pauline Persing said...

So sweet.

Henny Penny said...

He is a beautiful baby! You remind me of how mama used to be. I can just hear her saying, I wish you would put a little blanket around the baby and cover his little feet up. Of course, she was right. I like to see them snuggled up too.

Jan said...

So sweet!

Red said...

Babies can't tell us what the problem is, but a Grandma who's tuned in can sense what the problem is.

L. D. said...

He is a real sweetheart. Great grandsons are really neat to have, I suspect.

Rita said...

What a sweetie pie!! Babies are such a blessing. :)

Karen said...

In England, and probably a lot of other European countries, babies were bundled up and put outside to nap in their pram. I did the same with my kids. Obviously not in freezing cold temperatures, but definitely in everything above that. Used to put mine under the overhang of the camper, so they were protected from the sun or rain, and where I could see the pram from the house. They napped very well!
That four weeks has passed fast for the little cutie!

Granny Marigold said...

Ten pounds of sweetness!!

Linda Reeder said...

So sweet. Great grandmothers know what they are doing when it comes to babies. I like warm feet too.

Anonymous said...

What a precious gift. I know you treasure each minute spent cuddling him.

Tired Teacher said...

He's beautiful and a true treasure!

Sam I Am...... said...

The picture looks like he's just daring someone to come closer so he can wind up that little fist and give them a punch! LOL! What a cutie he is and what a great Great Grandmother you are. He also seems to be pretty fascinated with his Great Grandpa too.