Sunday, November 30, 2014

November is almost gone

The grey cloudy November days are almost behind us. 

We have been working upstairs vacuuming everything in sight, moving furniture and dusting. The vaulted ceiling is a bugger, I like to get all the cobwebs and dust.  Far Guy has been a great help. ( he dusts his own trains!)   One more day of some odds and ends and making the beds up with fresh sheets and I will be done up there.  There is a method to my cleaning madness.  I don’t want to decorate the Shiny Brite Tree until it is spotless up there. 

As I have been cleaning out nooks and crannies I found a bunch of “stuff” that can be sold. Imagine that.

We have about an inch of snow on the ground…not exactly a winter wonderland yet.  I keep hoping for a good snow, it would seem warmer if we had a foot of snow.  Our cold is a bone chilling damp cold…typical November for us…a warm spell then a really cold spell. Roads that are fine one day are icy the next.

IMG_4734

I like my garden flag it provides a spot of color to an otherwise drab yard.

Blog Signature

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to your Shiny Brite tree. Your yard flag is pretty with the chickadees. I put ot a winter flag yesterday with Cardinals for a spot of color!

DJan said...

I look forward to seeing your snow stick get more snow, too. We are really cold for us right now (19F) outside and getting colder as the sunrise gets closer. And I can't believe that I am looking forward to seeing the Shiny Brite tree in the very near future. Speaks of the holiday to me now. :-)

Nancy said...

Can you believe it was 57F here yesterday? Chinook winds blasted through and melted almost all the snow. I can see patches of green grass again. It's amazing!

Cynthia said...

It's so satisfying when it's all done, isn't it? Too bad the spiders and dust come right back!
Be careful what you wish for, snow-wise!

Linda W. said...

Nice garden flag! Really brightens up the white world. I'm glad November is almost gone too. It's been a month of recovery for me....

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon, oh so cold here today, -23 with a wind chill.... I too like the garden flags to give a pop of color.Blessings Francine.

Country Gal said...

We had that bone chilling damp temps that's the temps that hurt my body but now it is very mild and raining the temps have reached 14C warm for us here in Ontario ! I like it when everything is clean and dusted . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Red said...

It's a good time of the year to clean. You can't do much else. I'm sending you snow unless it peters out before it gets your way.

Linda Kay said...

I like your flag. I need to find one that is special for the holidays.

Dreaming said...

My ornament box toppled over. Only one broken one, and it wasn't one of my Shiny Brites. I thought of you as I picked up my ornaments!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good thoughts I hope! :)

Jacqi Stevens said...

It's Shiny Brite tree time again! Can't believe how fast time is flying by. It will be up--and then down--before you know it!

Henny Penny said...

Oh my! If Poppy would dust his own stuff, there would be little dusting left for me. :) He says dust and cobwebs makes it old looking.

Rita said...

Oh oh! The shiny brites tree!! Whoohoo!
I know what you mean. It would feel warmer with a foot of snow. Let's hope before Christmas, eh? :)

Ryker said...

We have a bout 4 inches of snow now and temps in the twenties. Now you have gone a remind me I need to dust!

Linda Reeder said...

I did some cleaning before I started decorating, but certainly not as thoroughly as you are! I thought of you today as i was hanging some vintage ornaments that I got from a neighbor when we were cleaning out her house. I hung them on a garland on a beam in my dining room. Very pretty.

Sam I Am...... said...

I've been cleaning too but if I wait until it's all clean it will be Spring before the tree gets up! Careful with those Shiny Brites now!