Sunday, October 8, 2017

Leaves and a gathering

Leaves are all over in the yard, in Chance’s fluffy tail, in my hair after I mulched leaves.  Far Guy manned the rake and the blower and the 3rd cleanup of leaves was accomplished.  I managed to drive the lawn mower round and round in the yard. My hand is a bit swollen so I will wait a few days before doing any mulching again.

3rd time

We will mulch about 9 times total maybe 10 before we call it good enough or when it snows.  Which ever one comes first.

Mom and Dad Oct 7 2017

There were some pretty leaves for my parents 67th anniversary photo…there were 26 of us that showed up to wish them well. My Aunt Anna was there too…she was a bridesmaid for them and she was just 15 years old.  Her dress was pink and my Aunt Skips was blue.  Aunt Anna said that she thought the dress was or became a prom dress.  My Mom borrowed $50 from her Grandmother for a dress which she bought at J C Penney…all the plans for the wedding took ONE week.

Mom and Dad Wedding Party 1950

Uncle Delbert, Cousin Roy, Dad, Mom, Aunt Skip and Aunt Anna October 07 1950.

Blog Signature

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, both now and then. Don't over-do in the yard. Take good care of your hand.

Cynthia said...

Fun to see the old photo and interesting that JC Penneys sold wedding gowns. And it's a beautiful one, as are the beidesmaids'. One week to plan ... 67 years in the living. So wonderful.
Glad to hear your hand is doing well enough to do a bit of yard work. Don't overdo it, ya hear?!!

Pauline Persing said...

Glad to hear about the improvement of your hand. Sounds like you are figuring out the using it/ resting it routine. I remember those sensibly priced weddings of my generation. We didn't start out in debt nor did our parents.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

DJan said...

What a wonderful thing for your parents to enjoy 67 years together. Love the pictures, and I'm glad to hear your hand is gradually improving when you don't overdo it. :-)

Mac n' Janet said...

Amazing what you can do when being with the person you love is more important that all the full of the wedding.

Linda Reeder said...

I enjoyed seeing your parent's wedding photo. Life was certainly simpler back in 1950. I think we way overdo weddings these days. It's so much more about the big party and less about the marriage.

Patsy said...

You guys work to hard in a couple years, should move in a place like we have.
Ok I can hear you laughing about that one.
Happy Anniversary to your mother and father.

Anonymous said...

I guess Far Guy is just gonna have to tie you to a chair to get you to rest that wrist. :)

Kansas Kay said...

Yes, Beautiful - everything about this post!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful autumn backdrop for their anniversary photo. Wishing them many more. Twenty-six is a nice group for a party.

Granny Marigold said...

That's a lovely wedding photo! I'm impressed that everything was done in a week!!

Tired Teacher said...

Best Wishes to your parents!

My sisters bought their wedding dresses from the JC Penney catalog, too.

marlu said...

Beautiful wedding picture. I always think people in these pictures from years past look older than they actually were! And now professional people look (to me) like youngsters! Enjoy your pictures and stories.

Linda W. said...

Wonderful photo of your parents! Congrats to them!

MTWaggin said...

I so love old wedding photos!

L. D. said...

That is a good celebration being married 67 years. It is great that they are doing so well and so many people could attend.

Sam I Am...... said...

Take it easy with the yard work and your hand. What a gorgeous wedding photo and couple...then and now!