Saturday, June 27, 2015

Chance: The Report

Hiya it’s me the Border Collie with a report.

It was a Doctor filled week.   The humans were not impressed.  One by one “medical stuff was checked off.”  One day was real long for me at home all alone but Jo and her grand Renee came to play with me…I am always happy to see Jo!  I didn’t pull any shenanigans with her like laying at the end of the drive and refusing to move.

Far Guy saw his Neurologist about his Trigeminal Neuralgia and had his blood tests. 

Far Side had the blood work done to see if she has an Alpha 1-Antitrypsin deficiency.  The results will be back in about a month.

Far Side saw her Dentist.  She had a small filling done. She still has a massive infection even though she is on her second course of antibiotics.  The infection has moved right next to her ear and is causing her to be a tad cranky cause her ear hurts like HELL. She has been bawling a lot…and Far Side hardly ever bawls…the infection really has her down.

Far Guy had his third infusion.

june 25 Infusion

As you can see he is thrilled with Far Side and her camera.

The infusion went well…the major side effect is extreme tiredness for about four days. We get lots of naps!

Far Side had surgery yesterday to remove that tooth that has been giving her problems.  She is on the mend today and me and Far Guy are taking real good care of her.

 IMG_8588

20 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Hugs to Far Side and Far Guy:) Hug B

Pauline Persing said...

Hugs and prayers. Think about both of you often.

The History Anorak said...

You are a good dog! You keep looking after them both and tell them to take care. Woof.

DJan said...

Glad that nasty tooth is gone now, Chance. And now things will get better. I hope you still get lots of naps. :-)

Tired Teacher said...

Glad you're keeping a sharp eye on those two! Sending good wishes their way.

Red said...

Well, Chance, it's a good thing you didn't have any medical problems so that you can look after Far Side and Far Guy. I hope that Far Side and Far Guy recover quickly.

Anonymous said...

Chance I know you are the best medicine in the world for Far Side and Far Guy. It isn't fair that they both have such bad medical problems. They are two of the world's best humans and have done so much for others. So make them take extra naps and you do that along with them.

Shirley H.

Anonymous said...

Chance, Thanks for the updates and I am praying that FG & FS feel better soon. HUgs and prayers.

Country Gal said...

Hugs for you both . I am glad they finally did something for you with that nasty tooth . Hope Far Guy starts to feel better and gets the treatment he needs . I pray you both get your health back ! Thanks Chance for your report on your FG & FS . Hope you all have a restful weekend !

Terry and Linda said...

Way to go, Chance! I take care of my folks when they are down also! Boomer

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Shirley said...

Chance, it's a good thing they have you to reoprt when they are feeling so poorly. I bet you make them feel better.

Henny Penny said...

Chance, sounds like you are watching over your family real good. Hope they both feel better soon. With that bad tooth gone, Far Side should feel like a new person soon. Enjoyed your post!

L. D. said...

Chance, it is your job to hold that family together. The medical things get tiring when they all hit at the same time. I am glad the tooth is out and I hope everyone rests a lot.

LindaG said...

Keeping you all in my prayers. *Hugs* ♥

Terra said...

Chance, you have good nursing skills I am sure. I hope Far Side and Far Guy will be up and running around in good health soon.

Linda Reeder said...

With all of that going on it's a good thing they have you to take care of them.

Jacqi Stevens said...

Wow, Chance, you certainly have that medical lingo down pat! It's no wonder you and Far Guy are taking such good care of Far Side. Hope everyone is back up to speed soon...and just joins you for naps because they feel like it!

Gwen said...

awwww. You'll both be in my prayers.

Rita said...

Sounds like it is a good thing that week is behind you. You might be taking naps with FarSide, too. ;)

Sam I Am...... said...

What's my excuse for being so tired? Hope you are both doing better and continue to improve!