Saturday, November 8, 2014

Minnesota Toy Store

Us old folks like to revert back to our childhood and visit toy stores.

Lark Toys has it all…a toy museum, a hand carved carousel, homemade candy, ice cream and a lunch counter.  A perfect place to wander and remember all the great toys we had when we were growing up.  I didn’t know about Lark Toys until fellow Minnesotan and blogger Nancy blogged about it.

Carousel

As a woodcarver of small objects I can really appreciate all the hours that went into the carvings.

The carousel was designed by Donn Kreofsky, Tim Monson blocked up the wood (no small task) Bill Stark carved the animals and Mary Eversman hand stained them.  What a wonderful collaboration of talents.

Carousel two

Every animal is whimsical and candy for your eyes!Lark Toys

We had a wonderful time walking down their memory lane…they have quite a collection of toys displayed beautifully and behind glass.

IMG_3815

We finally made it into the gift shop…where I was mesmerized by the marbles that you could buy by the piece…and Far Guy was busy looking at all the cars that are the right scale for his train set.  Chance ended up being the big winner with a blue Frisbee.  We had a nice visit with the lovely elderly woman in the gift shop.

We took a break and played Frisbee out by their picnic tables.

IMG_3792 

It is a wonderful spot to stop, if you ever get to Kellogg Minnesota I highly recommend it! 

Blog Signature

15 comments:

DJan said...

I love that carousel. What wonderful creatures! :-)

Country Gal said...

What a wonderful place ! Lovely photos ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

Primitive Stars said...

Oh what fun Connie, beautiful carousel horses. Would love to visit Kellogg some time. And my friend, I'm sending you all the snow, wink wink. Blessings Francine.

Dreaming said...

Sounds like fun. I find it comforting to see my old playthings!

Mac n' Janet said...

Sounds like a great place to visit, love toys.

Nancy said...

Looks like a fabulous place. Did you purchase any marbles?

Far Side of Fifty said...

oh yes a few I had not seen in years:)

Sam I Am...... said...

What a cool place! Was that Gene Autry I saw on that shelf? I used to get up on Saturday mornings and ride the arm of the sofa through all the cowboy shows that were on...Gene, Roy & Dale, The Masked Man and Tonto! What a great place to visit and food too.....sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Linda Kay said...

Kind of reminds me of FAO Schwartz in Chicago!

Red said...

Now I had very few toys as a kid , but I would enjoy this place.

Anonymous said...

I would love this place!

Cynthia said...

The carousel animals are so intriguing and magical. Going to have to bring my grandsons for a visit.

Terry and Linda said...

This has been fun, Thank you Connie!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Connie, so glad you were able to visit, and enjoyed it so much.

Jacqi Stevens said...

Oh, what a beautiful work of art that carousel is! Thank you for sharing. Doubt I'll ever get to Kellogg, MN, but it looks like a great place to visit.