Saturday, November 15, 2014

Chance: We finally arrived

Hiya it’s me Chance.  We went on a long ride.  We stayed lots of different places with lots of different smells.   It is a good thing I know the magic words “Pee” and “Poop” and it is  fun to play ball in the motel room but a lawn is so much better.

October 30, 2014 Georgetown,Indiana

At jan and Rons

Ernie is here…he is still alive.  Didyaknow that a dog can live without any teeth?Ernie

Yup but teeth are what helps keep your tongue in your mouth.  Ernie is not allowed out on the lawn…he runs away..and since he can’t hear much…many people would have to run after him.

Far Side said “Chance stay out of the lake.”  She meant business too..as I was just groomed before we left home.

Brazil Lake

Brazil Lake

I think this lake has been single handedly stocked with fish.The leaves on Brazil Lake

Far Side sat outside in the sunshine with me for a long time.  Then Brother In Law Ronnie came back from his Tux fitting and we borrowed his Garmin and back in the car we went over to Louisville to Round House Trains and After Glow Beads.  Lucky for us they were only about a mile apart…we didn’t have any traffic jams…

Far Side bought some more beads…and Far Guy bought a Cracker Jack Train Car.  Far Side bought a train sign and they gave her one free because she gave them a bad time about customers who came the furthest to shop in their store.  Far Side said the place was a maze of trains and she hasn’t ever seen anything like it.  I wouldn’t know because I had to stay in the car.

Later that night Jen, Andy, Noah and Adam arrived without Miney and Little Elvis cause they came on an airplane.

IMG_3962 Probably not this one… but a bigger one for people.

IMG_3979

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chance, Thanks for the update on and photos from your trip! I see in the header photo that you have snow! My sister lived near Georgetown IN for about 20 years! Wishing you guys a great weekend.

Cynthia said...

Oh, my, Ernie sure is cute with his little pink tongue! I bet it is hard to follow directions and stay out of that beautiful lake.

DJan said...

I always love it when you write a post, Chance. And little Ernie must be pretty old. His tongue is funny, hanging out like that. I'm sending you some petting across the airwaves, since your beautiful coat makes me want to pet you! :-)

Nancy said...

The lake scene is beautiful, but I imagine it took a lot of will power not to get at least your feet wet!

Henny Penny said...

Chance, you are a smart dog, and so well behaved! That lake and the colored leaves are so pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi Chance:
So good to hear from you. I am glad that you got to go along on that wonderful trip. You must have gotten many new smells to think about and wonder about. Poor little Ernie with no teeth. What is he able to eat I wonder? Take good are of Far Side and Far Guy, now.

Shirley H.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Thanks for telling us about your trip, Chance. The photos of Brazil Lake are beautiful. Too bad you had to stay in the car while you were at the train shop.

LindaG said...

What gorgeous scenery!
Glad you got there safely. Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

Gail said...

Chance, I'm glad you're having a great time. Watch over the family for us.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Chance, you are such a good boy, have fun. Hugs Francine.

Red said...

Great trip Chance. You behaved very well!

Country Gal said...

Sounds like you had fun Chance ! Nice photos . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Shirley said...

Aw gee Chance, having to stay in the car and not getting to go in the lake.... but I bet you got lots of pets and admiration for how handsome you are from all the family gathered there!

Linda Reeder said...

Your dogs life sounds pretty good, Chance, even if you didn't get to go into the lake.

Sam I Am...... said...

Wow, Chance, you really had an adventure. I bet it wasn't much fun though having to be on your best behavior all the time. That lake was gorgeous. You never hear much about Indiana...it's probably a well kept secret. Glad you had a good time but I bet you're glad to be home too!
We have 2 new friends next door.....Snow and Maisy. Snow is a bit cranky but Maisy and I get along just great. Annie could care less, she's all about Mom. I think since Mom saved her life, literally, she is totally devoted to her. I am the social butterfly of the family which most people don't appreciate.....a Rottweiler being a social butterfly but of course, once they get to know me they love me.
I love to go in the car but I pace back and forth in the back and bark at anyone who's vehicle gets too close and it makes Mom nervous so unless it's the vet I usually stay home. Keep your paws warm this Winter!
Take care. .....you friend, Nitty (Annie's still in her bed under a blanket.....she was born in AR so she gets cold really easy)

Terry and Linda said...

I'll bet Mindy and Elvis wish they were there with you!!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh Chance, you were so close to us, yet so far away!