Saturday, August 8, 2026

Friday

 It was a busy day.  I mowed a bit and washed one window inside and out!  I have one small corner of the house cleaned real well now!  Progress is slow.  Then I had a nap.  


The Liatris is blooming in the wildgardens. 

Something lost was located yesterday...never give up!  

Far Guy worked on his woodcarving Christmas Ornaments.  

Minnesota weather:  High  75F or 24C  Low was 50F or 10C   It may have hailed a bit in the early morning I was not awake at 6 AM  East of us had lots of big hail. 

What's Cooking?  Ham, egg and cheese croissants and corn on the cob.

Far Side

17 comments:

  1. Your weather sounds wonderful except for the hail. Thankful the big stuff missed y’all! Glad you found the lost item. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. We called that purple plant Blazing Star. It’s plentiful here and beautiful. The Susan’s around the patch adds more to the scene. I like the rusty look of the little windmill.

    If I could clean a corner each day, soon my abode would look better, but I am not as determined as you.

    Even with my medication, I had an episode yesterday. Quite disheartening.

    We got a shower last night. That’s the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wild garden is so pretty! I love the rusty windmill. I'm hoping the "something lost is found" becomes true at my house too. I've lost some paperwork from my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, your Liatris is very pretty by the windmill!! So far, I cannot get any to return here :/ weird, because they are easy & forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers and I really like your windmill.
    Housework is so annoying, you finish some and then turn around and it needs to be done again. Our 80+ year old neighbour was out washing her windows the other day. I admit ours have not been done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have a wild garden- yours is pretty. The deer here will eat anything they can- we are in the process of making a tall deer proof fence around my raspberry patch; I have to keep chasing out a doe who is "pruning" it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, is Liatris a wild flower there too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Liatris pycnostachya also called Prairie Blazing Star. It is a tall grass prairie native plant.

      Delete
  8. The liatrus in my prairie bed did not come up this year. The landscaper down the road said that some he planted didn't come up this year either. We had a very long hot dry spell last summer . It doesn't seem like that could actually have killed them. The sweet corn makes my mouth water. I haven't been to the farmer's market this year but it is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to find something that is lost. It's the pretty dangler from a large wind chime. Too heavy to have been blown away so where it it?
    I think washing windows is my last fav. chore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to wash our windows too. But they'll just get dirty again and so what's the point? Ha! Your wild garden is beautiful.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, you've got me curious. What was lost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husbands dust collector, it is in East Grand Forks at our winter home...he ordered a new one for here because we thought it had been stolen. So now he has two!

      Delete
  12. I think you are amazingly productive! Washing a window! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could say I have one corner really clean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful liatris! I only have a few in the garden - I really should put in some more - they look great en masse like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie