Friday, August 7, 2026

Book Club 2026: August

 We read Finlay Donovan is Killing it by  Elle Cosimano  for August Book Club.  


The book is a hoot!  I really enjoyed it.  I give it nine stars out of ten.  Jen recommended it to the book club and all the gals enjoyed it and said to tell Jen thanks! 

The book club gals meet in person once a year and yesterday was the day.  We had lunch at 3rd Street Market and then went next door to Beagle Books where the shop owners talked about a few different books.   It was a nice afternoon. 

Minnesota Weather: High 82F or 28C  Low 61F or 16C  

What's Cooking?  Soft shell tacos, corn on the cob, yellow tomatoes and Far Guy's famous dip.

Far Side

14 comments:

  1. Your high of 82 makes me wishful.

    Your book club adds to your life. I’m so glad the book was able to make you laugh. Hope the next choice is just as entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks like a fun one for some lighter summer reading. I may have to put it on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun read! Adding it to my long TBR list.

    Curious, what is Far Guys famous dip?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a skillet brown one pound of Italian Sausage, when browned add 1 can of Hormel Chili with no beans, a brick of Philly Cream Cheese and about a pound of Velveeta you can add some Jalapenos if you wish:) The Grands love his famous dip:)

      Delete
  4. Your book club meeting sounds delightful!! I am reading Marrying the Ketchups on your recommendation and like so far. My goal was to finish it by this Saturday to lend to a friend at our Library Lunch but that isn't going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Merry, I have not read Marrying the Ketchups...must have been a different blog friend. Let me know what you think after you have read the whole book.

      Delete
  5. How neat that you all gathered for lunch and then went to the book shop. This does look like a good book.. I think I'll get it and then recommend to my daughters..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the book recommendation. I am always looking for book ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another book recommendation. The local library had it 😀. Adding it to my list too..sounds like you had a good day. M in NC

    ReplyDelete
  8. More people should join a book club and talk about good stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I put that book on my Libby Hold List. I read the reviews and they are great. Looking forward to listening to it. I forwarded it to my sister-in-law who coordinates a monthly book club. They are reading Ironwood by William Kennedy this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie