Friday, July 29, 2011

Night out with the boys

Last night I was the favorite gal among many men.  Young handsome men..and one older hunky looking guy!

We went to the County Fair.  We wandered through the Commercial exhibits and then headed for the midway.

The boys went on some rides, they went on the “ Giant Strawberry”  where you go round and round and then you can turn a wheel to go round and round faster.  Noah really didn’t want to go, but he finally said “OK I will go with Adam, but I am going to turn that wheel so fast he pukes.”  No one puked, but they looked a little green around the gills.

Adam doesn’t like heights..so he opted for a Merry Go Round ride.

Adam on the Merry Go Round

Far Guy and Noah headed for the big wheel.

The Wheel

Just taking photos of it made my knees weak.  I don’t like heights either.

Noah and Gene

They enjoyed the ride, while Adam and I enjoyed watching them with our feet planted firmly on the ground.

It was a fairly warm evening..we had popcorn after we got home and I settled down to watch cartoons with the boys.  Times have sure changed..they can bathe themselves and get on their own jammies ..they are growing up so fast.  I think they are both going to be sweet talking gentlemen..Adam told me recently that I was a special Grandma. I think he wanted to use my computer:)

Blog Signature

20 comments:

Rae said...

I can't imagine a better way to spend an evening - especially being the only gal among such handsome guys. The boys are becoming wonderful young men. You are a very lucky grandma.

DJan said...

I agree with Rae: you are one lucky grandma. And they do grow up so fast. Even if he DID want to use your computer, he's learning fast! :-)

linda m said...

Lucky you! Wish I could spend an evening with a bunch of handsome guys! Guess I'll just have to wait until I go visit my son and grandson.

Laura said...

What a wonderful way to spend an evening! I can't wait to have grandchildren.
We're headed to our fair tonight for the draft horse pull and then to wander the barns...mostly to give me my horse fix. We don't usually spend much time at the carnival, but maybe when we have grandchildren...

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Ferris Wheel is my favorite. I do not like going around fast or up and down on roller coasters, but a nice Ferris wheel ride. Lovely. Thanks for your post yesterday. Some bee balm has escaped from the yard of the wild flower people and a big patch of it has sprung up in the right-of-way. I had no idea what it was. Now I do. Lovely

Karen said...

It is fair time. Our fair is on this weekend as well. We are part of the the 'Horse and Hound' competition.
Sounds like you had a wonderful evening with some handsome men (some younger, one older):)

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Connie, hilarious. I get a lot of nice comments when my kids want to use something, like the computer. :) They're not dumb! Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Great shots as always!

CiCi said...

Sounds like fun. Our county fair is next week. I will get some pics there.
We are not stay-all-day fair people, a few hours seeing the 4H and other contests. We will see what they have at this fair, our first time there.

Isn't it fun to have some time with the grandkids?

LindaG said...

Sounds like a great evening.
I don't like heights or ferris wheels either.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Country Gal said...

Awesome photos, looks like a hoot ! Glad you had a good time and all those handsome men with ya ! Have a great day !

EBet said...

How fun! I love fair time.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

There is no better time than a night out with your handsome men. I'm great to take along on park and ride excursions because I don't ride at all, I get to "hold the stuff". It's all fun

Harriet said...

Connie...As a grandma to two young men one leaving for college in August, I say hold tight to those two boys because turn around twice and it's all over but the singing. I love that you appreciate the differences between all your grands. That's so important -- especially because Grandma's have a lot more pull than we realize.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! But mostly lucky your grans...this is what memories are made of.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Gail said...

Fairs, for me, can only truly be enjoyed with children. Oh, it's nice to go but through the eyes of a child, the night is amazing.

Judy said...

Our family hit the fair this week also...fun way to spend an afternoon...

lisa said...

Nothing like a night out with the guys ;)

Unknown said...

No, Connie, he meant it...you are a special grandma.

Jennifer said...

The tall one has everything figured out, and the little one... He's smooth.

Ann said...

Was it Becker County Fair?