Saturday, October 3, 2026

September 27 Sunday and friends

 Last Sunday I woke up early and began packing for the trip to East Grand Forks, MN  My sister Julie and I warmed up lots of stuff in the fridge and made some scrambled eggs.  We had cooked breakfast for everyone the past two mornings.  Family came and went enjoying a meal with us.  Jen carried suitcases down the stairs and loaded our car for us. 

We headed out...minus my sister...she caught a ride with our other baby brother to her car in our yard. 

We got a little lost in Bismarck ND but enjoyed the scenery along the river.  I took the exit too soon. 

Long time friend Floyd and Shirley were waiting for us at Cracker Barrel...good thing they were patient! 

Here is a photo of our guys...Shirley and I are reflected in the glass!


We had a great lunch and after lunch we sat outside and visited!  

So good to see old friends!  

Too soon it was time for us to leave.

Far Side

10 comments:

  1. I would have told my wife that I wasn't lost. I am in Bismark somewhere but just don't know quite what area just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes my heart so happy for the health of both of you allowing you to enjoy this time with your extended family. What wonderful memories and happiness you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you could meet up with old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly had a full weekend of family and friends. It's always nice to catch up with folks we haven't seen in some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes getting lost gives us nice things to see. Happy Birthday, Connie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The winding down of the wedding sounds as enjoyable as the winding up. Now that you are home the memories of friends and family linger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old friends are gold. Stay connected if possible. As we age and wear out seeing them again is a treat.

    Far Guy looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Shirley! Not a common name anymore, seems to be reserved for us old folks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good trip ends with friends

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time flies when you're having a good time. It's fun to meet up with friends you haven't seen for a while. Lots to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie