Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Wistful Wednesday : Christmas 1997

It was our second Christmas at the house in Harwood ND 21 years ago.

Tree in Harwood 1997

Trica Richard and Savannah 1997

Our oldest grand Savannah was just 17 months old.  Trica was pregnant with Maddie who would be born in April of 1998. Trica was working as a RN in Grand Forks and Richard was the Manager of a Radio Shack Store in Grand Forks.   Jen and Andy were not married until the summer of 1998.

Far Guy was working for the North Dakota Air National Guard and I was a student at NDSU working part time for the University as a Horticulturist.

We had a very sick Sheltie that December.  Moses died the day after Christmas…leaving a huge hole in our hearts.  We still had the juvenile deliquents (Shelties) G’ Day Mate and Captain so we were not dogless.

It would be our second and last Christmas in that house by Lake Shure.  Far Guy retired and we sold the house after it was on the market for a week in the spring of 1998.

Blog Signature

15 comments:

Val Ewing said...

1997...I lived in a crummy apartment and had a table top tree with one ornament. I bought the kids each a paper back book to read and we had TV dinners that the boys were so proud to make.
Blast from many...years ago.

DJan said...

It's hard for me to realize that 1997 was more than twenty years ago now and is now history. Love your pretty pictures of that Christmas. I was working full time and probably spent that Christmas in Arizona skydiving. :-)

Sara said...

It's interesting how seeing the old photos brings back so many associated memories.

Miss Merry said...

Doesn't it seem like 1997 was yesterday! Lovely picture. I love your Christmas memories.

Rita said...

How much things have changed over the years. What a full life! For all of you. :)

Anonymous said...

It’s fun to look back isn’t it? 1997 was our 4th Christmas in Spokane. We were learning what it was like to have holidays with just us and the kids and no other family around. Alex was only 9 years old, Jamie 14 and Mandy 17. Oh my! What seems like yesterday was a long time ago.
Blessings,
Betsy

Bonnie said...

Love your pictures! It sure is amazing how quickly grandchildren grow up. Like others have said it seems like 1997 was yesterday!

marlu said...

So neat to see the old Christmas photos!

Granny Marigold said...

I like seeing those old photos.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Nice old photo with nice memories attached

Red said...

Time goes by in a hurry but it's always great to look back at the good old days.

Linda Reeder said...

!997 - the nether years. Kids gone from home, no grands yet. My Christmas spirit hadn't returned yet. You had bundles of joy.

Jacqi Stevens said...

Only two weeks on the market? Wow, I bet your head was spinning while you got your speed packing done!

Debi said...

1997 was our fourteenth year in the house we still live in today. Our oldest son was out on his own working three jobs, our middle son was a senior in high school and our daughter was in ninth grade. Hubby was a John Deere parts manager and I was running three elementary school computer labs.

Sam I Am...... said...

Savannah had so me long legs! What a cutie! I can't remember what I was doing in '97....divorced, living on the farm....prepping for Y2K I imagine at work, riding my horses. It's all a blurr! LOL!