Thursday, October 1, 2026

September 25th Wedding Rehearsal Day

 Friday September 25th started early for my sister, Julie and for daughter Jen.   The entire house was asleep as we made mints for the wedding.

Three sets of hands made short work of the mints. 

My sister and I cooked up breakfast for whoever was hungry!  Egg Bake....I cooked up eggs and potatoes for a potato salad to be served at the Gluten Free Food Table after the wedding.  Grandson Noah and his wife Hanna arrived.

In the afternoon we drove out of town. 

My sister Julie drove us out North and East of town...to the bride's parents and grandparents ranch.  She had been out there helping Andy and Jen with last minute details. 


 Julie

Adam our youngest Grand... the groom 


Adam and his Mom our daughter Jen 


Adam, Andrew and Jen worked really hard getting the old barn ready for the wedding service.  The old wagon wheel was strung with lights.  The wagon wheel was made by the bride's Grandfather as he was a very talented wheelwright. 


Inside the barn...rehearsal went well. 

The barn from across the way in the machine shop where the reception would be held. 


Andy and Jen our hosts for the grooms dinner. 

The meal was wonderful...choice of rib eye steak, chicken or walleye served with mashed potatoes and asparagus.   It was all delicious...my first real beef in a month and my stomach was very happy and the best part I did not get sick!!!! 

 Then we were off to the Air B &B to see if Savannah, Paige and Cole had arrived! 

Far Side

11 comments:

  1. So far it sounds like a wonderful family-filled event. And yum! The groom's supper sounds delicious. I've made a lot of those same mints over the years too, graduations, bridal showers, baby showers, etc. I think it's a specialty of this whole upper midwest part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time of celebration together! So very, very, very thankful you felt well enough to go! Thank you for sharing this joyous time with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mints are beautiful! Take closer pics of them for me! I can't wait to see wedding pictures, congratulations to all, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this was a week ago and I only took one photo, they are small roses and leaves:)

      Delete
  4. Busy day! The preparations for a wedding can be quite onerous but many hands definitely make things easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! Everyone is making this a time to Remember!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,this is so memorable for everyone. I am thrilled you had some beef. The choices would have made it hard to pick which to enjoy.

    Those homemade mints look tasty. Makes me want one.

    Love the barn and the decorations. The wagon wheel with lights is spectacular.

    Have a great time. Best wishes to Adam and his lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful family celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that everyone was working together to make the wedding preparations special. The dinner sounds delicious!
    I remember when everyone made their own mints. They were a staple at weddings and graduations. I bet I haven't made mints since the 80's. As lovely as the rehearsal photos are, I can't wait to see the wedding!
    And glad your tummy is behaving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie